IGNORED

Zoviet France - The Tables Are Turning

kichiguy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the alt.vinyl website

Also out in early october is the stunning new ltd edition deluxe box set from :zoviet*france. all i can say now is that it is a triple vinyl and a unique layout like you've never seen.

• 3 weeks later...

let us know what you think of the record once you've digested it awepittance! its contents are still a mystery.

also mark warren is debuting his new solo project 'atom earth mother' live in north london tomo evening.

546358_144110655730678_371317838_n.jpg

just got this in the mail. Has really cool packaging, i must be an idiot because i didn't even connect the title of it to the format of the release. when you open the box you see sort of hovering on top of eachother the 12", 10" and 7" all stacked with little pieces of felt in between and hooked together with a wingnut. It looks beautiful. There is zero literature or credits on the release reminding one of an older ZF album. So far I think the material on the 10" is the most interesting. The 12" contains some shortish ambient pieces that remind me of the live album 'In.version'. Not particularly mind blowing stuff, and not as pleasing as anything on Decriminalization of Country Music. It seems like the intention was to make the longest playing vinyl the most background music of the 3. Id like to hear a whole album of material more like the 7" and 10" which has ambient elements but also has a strange sort of digital experimental found sound thing happening unlike most previous ZF i've heard. Sort of Digilogue esque in a good way

R-3924371-1349434357-2436.jpeg

i wouldn't recommend it for the casual zoviet france fan simply because of the price.

...Not particularly mind blowing stuff, and not as pleasing as anything on Decriminalization of Country Music. It seems like the intention was to make the longest playing vinyl the most background music of the 3. Id like to hear a whole album of material more like the 7" and 10" which has ambient elements but also has a strange sort of digital experimental found sound thing happening unlike most previous ZF i've heard. Sort of Digilogue esque in a good way

that got me an idea, if you have two turntables, you could try playing two records together. I'd definitely do that.

just got this in the mail. Has really cool packaging, i must be an idiot because i didn't even connect the title of it to the format of the release. when you open the box you see sort of hovering on top of eachother the 12", 10" and 7" all stacked with little pieces of felt in between and hooked together with a wingnut. It looks beautiful. There is zero literature or credits on the release reminding one of an older ZF album. So far I think the material on the 10" is the most interesting. The 12" contains some shortish ambient pieces that remind me of the live album 'In.version'. Not particularly mind blowing stuff, and not as pleasing as anything on Decriminalization of Country Music. It seems like the intention was to make the longest playing vinyl the most background music of the 3. Id like to hear a whole album of material more like the 7" and 10" which has ambient elements but also has a strange sort of digital experimental found sound thing happening unlike most previous ZF i've heard. Sort of Digilogue esque in a good way

R-3924371-1349434357-2436.jpeg

i wouldn't recommend it for the casual zoviet france fan simply because of the price.

In case you missed it: credits and tracklisting PDF

they played two tracks from this release in last week's duck in a tree podcast. pretty sure they played the first track live during their newcastle tour. amazing piece of music. such a shame they said there will be no digital release though...i'm dying to hear this in its entirety.

I think that Incubate live set they put out last year is still a stronger work overall, but the vinyl IS beautiful. You have to just take it as a whole package, the audio alone is good too just not as amazing as some of their other more recent stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck with your book, Awepittance:

http://www.ilxor.com/ILX/ThreadSelectedControllerServlet?showall=true&bookmarkedmessageid=12&boardid=41&threadid=17605

“The Reformed Faction of Soviet France” make music, release music, play concerts and have no intention nor interest in talking about Zoviet-France.

If interested journalists wish to write about Zoviet-France we politely request they contact Zoviet-France.

interesting thread you posted to, and i find it unfortunate that spybey is so touchy about being associated with zoviet france, especially when the first reformed faction album was literally called 'the reformed faction of soviet france'. I'm looking at my cd right now in fact, but it was re-pressed as just 'reformed faction' later on.

Any chance of some 7.10.12 mp3's?

I asked the same to a friend of Robin Storey and he said that it will never be released officially as an MP3. If you know the history of ZF you can easily guess they love to link audio and visuals together (that wouldn't be possible with an digital edition).

So the only way is to get it ripped. You should be able to find someone who can surely rip it for you from the vinyl.

• 1 month later...

Archived