IGNORED

Receding Gums

soma333

Hey I just checked the meters and the ratio of negative health issues to the rest of the crap in the forum is way off.

Anyone receiving or administering treatment for this?

I could personally use some watmm knowledge.

Guest fiznuthian

My dental health prescription:

1. Eat real food only, anything that isn't a grass

2. Minimize phytic acid in your diet (stop eating grains, nuts, or any other source)

3. Consume some calcium and phosphorous, but most importantly fat soluble vitamins K2, D, A, E, and saturated fat on a regular basis in your diet. Fat soluble vitamins are mostly found in pastured meats, pastured offal, especially pastured butter or high vitamin butter oil

4. Minimize polyunsaturated fats ("vegetable oil" aka seed oils, and most grain-fed meats)

5. If you choose to eat fruit regularly, brush your teeth and gums using a baking soda and silica based tooth powder after consumption

6. If you don't consume fruit regularly and opt for low-carb meat+veggie stuffs only, brushing every day isn't really necessary.

My 2cents...

Damn dude what you just described in such awesome detail is pretty much the exact opposite of what i do (my diet/brushing habits to fruit consumption...).

I guess it makes sense to change it a bit eh?

So eating grass and nuts n things makes you feel great but makes your gums disintegrate....

I eat a lot of fruit and nut/seed bars sometimes in lieu of an actual meal, probably way more than I should

Guest fiznuthian

Yeah it's definitely not something you would ever hear from your dentist, but it's a regimen developed by the dentist who discovered vitamin D and it's relationship to rickets. He noticed that non-western people seemed to always have great dental health and sought to discover why.. he felt it was diet related and (in my opinion) he was right.

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009/03/preventing-tooth-decay.html

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009/03/reversing-tooth-decay.html

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2010/12/dr-mellanbys-tooth-decay-reversal-diet.html

These links are how I found out about Dr. Mellanby and his research.. it's been passed over by the dental industry these days, for obvious reasons. From personal experience, it works. I have barely brushed my teeth at all for many months, nearing a year now. They're still perfectly healthy and strong. Gums tend to suffer from inflammation problems, probably related to oral microbes, food waste, and poor nutrition. I nip inflammation in the bud with diet alone, then brush my gums only to abrase them and strengthen the tissue.

I don't think fruit consumption has much to do with the development of caries, phytic acid is more suspect. But obviously eating tons of fruit is harsh for the mouth.. the enzymes practically tenderize you. In my experience my gums get a little irritated by eating a lot of fruit, but because i'm unwilling to stop I just rinse my mouth with water after I eat them, then brush with EcoDent (baking soda, silica) briefly.

I'm sorry but I think dentists and their "brush three times a day and after meals, with flouride toothpaste" crap is a total scam. If it worked then why are there so many people who do everything right, yet their teeth and gums still turn to shit? I know countless people like this.

I used to brush religiously up until about 23. Then I gradually got lazier and lazier with my oral hygiene, until the past few years when I'll sometimes go a month without brushing, and very rarely floss. Got a dental appointment recently, after having not gone for 2 yrs, and was very surprised that I passed with flying colors (apart from some inevitable plaque). So I wouldn't be surprised if what you say is true, fiznuthian.

Imo, here are few things that factor heavily into tooth/gum health:

- genetics (duh). I know people who got tons of cavities but were very careful with their teeth. I'm guessing weak enamel.

- exercise: I think exercise keeps the blood moving, which I presume is good for areas with delicate blood vessels like gums. My mouth always feel healthy when I exercise regularly.

Of course I'm no doc. I still imagine that brushing and flossing are good, I just don't think they are all that necessary if you take care of the other stuff (diet, including not too much sweets, soda, and probably alcohol; and exercise). Not sure about the fruit connection, I eat a lot of fruit and my teeth are fine.

i'm the opposite of the op. the dentist is always telling me i have weak gums and i have to brush them more. they are always bleeding when they prod me with their metal devices...

i brush a few times a week and i don't floss. Last dentist appointment i had, about 6 months ago, i was told i had a "disgustingly healthy mouth". my father and sister, on the other hand, brush always and, imo, too much. my sister brushes for like 10 minutes, flosses and always has issues. my daad was finally told to buy a very specific electric toothbrush and this and that because his teeth were weak.

i dunno.

girls love to kiss the fuck out of my shit.

Yeah it's definitely not something you would ever hear from your dentist, but it's a regimen developed by the dentist who discovered vitamin D and it's relationship to rickets. He noticed that non-western people seemed to always have great dental health and sought to discover why.. he felt it was diet related and (in my opinion) he was right.

http://wholehealthso...ooth-decay.html

http://wholehealthso...ooth-decay.html

http://wholehealthso...ersal-diet.html

These links are how I found out about Dr. Mellanby and his research.. it's been passed over by the dental industry these days, for obvious reasons. From personal experience, it works. I have barely brushed my teeth at all for many months, nearing a year now. They're still perfectly healthy and strong. Gums tend to suffer from inflammation problems, probably related to oral microbes, food waste, and poor nutrition. I nip inflammation in the bud with diet alone, then brush my gums only to abrase them and strengthen the tissue.

I don't think fruit consumption has much to do with the development of caries, phytic acid is more suspect. But obviously eating tons of fruit is harsh for the mouth.. the enzymes practically tenderize you. In my experience my gums get a little irritated by eating a lot of fruit, but because i'm unwilling to stop I just rinse my mouth with water after I eat them, then brush with EcoDent (baking soda, silica) briefly.

I'm sorry but I think dentists and their "brush three times a day and after meals, with flouride toothpaste" crap is a total scam. If it worked then why are there so many people who do everything right, yet their teeth and gums still turn to shit? I know countless people like this.

Thank you for this.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

this thread nasty. i have receding gums. i thought it was just aging. but i also think i brushed too harshly/abscent-mindedly as a youth

Archived