IGNORED

How Old Are We?

Atop

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sirch

There was a great episode of Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole that explored time and our perception of it - one of the current hypotheses is that our changing perception of time passing faster (accelerating) is relative by the square root of your age. So at 36, the days/week/years seem to pass twice as fast as when you were 9 (6/3=2) and about 1.2x faster than when you were 25. Feels pretty spot on so far, though I'm hoping we have the technology to transcend time before I hit 64.

yep, it's like a spiral, innit. simply put.

403879_252640371519681_1881110169_n.jpg

i'm trying to use my mind powers to push the movement the other direction...

*head explodes*

Just answer the phone, it tells you how to reverse the polarity.

Guest kokeboka

29. Sometimes I wish I was 16 again so I could relive the same dumb mistakes all over (or at least some of them). The turning 30 thing bums me out a bit sometimes, but I guess that happens to most people anyway.

hey, but you only look 68!

yeah, and when I want to buy an alcohol they ask me for an ID, but I'm in my early 20 I guess, I would have to count...

29. Sometimes I wish I was 16 again so I could relive the same dumb mistakes all over (or at least some of them). The turning 30 thing bums me out a bit sometimes, but I guess that happens to most people anyway.

I worried about turning 30 so much last year that I don't give a shart anymore. Almost looking forward to it now.

oh, this is for D A T A purposes? that's all you had to say!

'graph of age of users of WATMM who read seemingly boring yet secretly scientifically leaning threads'

Archived