IGNORED

How Old Are We?

Atop

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mentally, I have transcended time and ego, and become one with the Universe

I LUV TITS

It is interesting to see how many of us are open to talking about ourselves vs how many are not.

lol

lol?

I consider the deepest conversations with friends is when we can openly talk about ourselves.

Everything outside of ourselves is mostly guesswork and trusting information we have read or heard.

Mostly.

It is interesting to see how many of us are open to talking about ourselves vs how many are not.

lol

lol?

yes lol, it seems like you made that observation based on the fact that some people told their age and some people didn't... even thought you know most here don't give a shit about it, they're just trolling, it's not a matter of opening ourselves...

but hey, i guess you're just playing the karmoslogical hippie role like always...

and your role is what?

edit: no need to defend who I am, but I am not whatever you said Jeesys Juice.

please stay on topic, why would you conclude that people like or not to open themselves based on if they answer truly to their age on an internet messageboard????

I'm 40. My late 20s and on through my 30s were pretty much up and down.

When I turned 29, I was depressed for almost a year straight because of the thought of hitting 30. But once 30 came I was like "Oh... This is cool!"

I first started making music on my own around 32 years old where most start in their teens or before.

I had my first kid when i was 35.

Most of my 20s and 30s, I always looked at least 5 to 7 years younger than what i actually am, even when i had a beard. But since 2009, I think I aged considerably with the stress I faced with moving back to California, the weight that came back from the stress, the grays in my beard and hair receded like crazy since that year. My beard was black in 2006.

The stress has subsided in the past year, but I look more tired than ever... I think the kids factor in that equation.

I'm even starting to feel crotchety more than ever. Like I don't like to listen to people's long winded conversations. I believe I've become more impatient at this age. I fear that it is getting worse although it is a good way to filter out BS.

Guest sirch

i think there's something wrong with people who have 30 and still state that mentally they're 18 or something...

i was like that 4 months ago, 30 and bragging that intellectually i was 18, but fuck it, 18 year old are stupid piece of self centered attention seekers who i don't want to be mistaken for...

well i dunno about you but i wasn't like that when i was 18. :shrugs:

but i know what you mean. i knew people like that, even right into their early 20's they were still like that.

but i think 20 is still a very young age anyway. fuck the 'you're an adult at 18' bollocks, cos that's not right or true with most people these days, i think.

a lot of people are still dicks well into their 20's over here. and i mean in the UK/USA. the West, basically.

@ asymm: I am sure you listen when it is something interesting Asymm.

well that was quite revealing man, so I feel a timeline for myself is in order.

0-7 - figuring out all that is our reality, making sense and categorizing all of the different materials that make up our universe.

8-13 - Fighting with my own insecurities, being crippled with anxiety, thinking about the universe a lot and it gives me panic attacks. Learning about sexuality and how awesome the female form is. Making music on tape decks and my piano.

14-21 - Dedicating my life to music and having as much fun as possible. Reading Fahrenheit 451, A Clockwork Orange, Hamlet, Macbeth, Frankenstein,1984, and Junky all change my life. Growing into my body, fun and excruciating times.

21-28 - Learning about the depth of my place in the universe. Having massive panic attacks. Living on my own for the first time. Trying to understand women. Becoming even more obsessed with reading/writing and making/listening to music.

29-35 - Freaking out but not panicking anymore. Trying to figure out my place in society. Still trying to understand women. Finally accepting myself for who I am. Teaching. Being empathetic. Making/listening to music. Reading and writing. Loving life. Figuring out ways in which to help society.

and stuff..............

just turned 30 this month. i'm not feeling very good about it, and i don't feel like i've grown very much as a person. i generally have a very positive outlook on life, but i have some bad habits that are still getting me into trouble. i'm not very happy with myself right now. i just quit one of my jobs and i may possibly lose a woman i care very deeply about. and now i'm posting all of this on an electronic music message board.

good grief.

Bummer dude! Let's hope it's sooner rather than later when you can describe this 'down' period as before the 'up' one where your dick grew 14 inches and you married Grimes.

Guest sirch

without the downs there would be no ups, innit. there would just be ups (which you'd get bored of) or mehdiocrity.

we all need the downs times. being depressed or upset over something is just the opposite end of the spectrum to, say, going on an awesome holiday where everything goes right and you have a great time. you're not always going to be depressed or upset over something. just the same as you can't always be on a holiday getting wasted and having a big party. nobody would want to party forever. just like most people probably wouldn't want to live forever, if they're honest. unless we hurry up and make the utopia dream.

i think there's something wrong with people who have 30 and still state that mentally they're 18 or something...

i was like that 4 months ago, 30 and bragging that intellectually i was 18, but fuck it, 18 year old are stupid piece of self centered attention seekers who i don't want to be mistaken for...

well i dunno about you but i wasn't like that when i was 18. :shrugs:

but i know what you mean. i knew people like that, even right into their early 20's they were still like that.

but i think 20 is still a very young age anyway. fuck the 'you're an adult at 18' bollocks, cos that's not right or true with most people these days, i think.

a lot of people are still dicks well into their 20's over here. and i mean in the UK/USA. the West, basically.

Of course 20 is still very young, that's about a quarter of an average human male's expected life in the developed world.

being a dick in your 20s isn't exclusive to the west.

The one thing we all have in common is our mortality

speak for yourself

yindeed.

Maybe he's a christian, they all seem to want to die, belittle life extension, etc. Probably cause there's heaven in the offing. But can you imagine going to heaven and meeting your relatives. I can imagine what mine would be like. *

"So you fucked that one up. Really dleetr, a disgrace to the family lineage. And then you didn't even leave us with any heirs with which to place our hopes on. Useless.

bugger that, i'm living forever.

---

* not having a go atop, you just gave me a lead in to something that i wanted to jive on.

Archived