IGNORED

What RDJ is (almost) too embarrassing to admit you've never heard?

dr lopez

We're all friends here folks, no need to be embarrassed but I'm sure there are some of us out there who have never gotten around to listening to some of the fringe works... or worse the "big ones"

To get the ball rolling: I've never heard GAK, or any of the Bradley Strider ones. Melodies from Mars either.

Far worse: I've listened to Caustic Window Compliation maybe twice in my life.

Pretty unacceptable: Only heard selected tracks (maybe 2 or 3) from Analogue Bubblebath 3.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Mentioning albums you know your supposed to listen to but haven't? This thread is lame, if you think you should listen to some records from his ridiculous catalog, just listen to them. Where is there any potential substance to this thread? What opinions would be interesting? This is almost more pointless than the super duper AFX fanboy threads that consist of 99% drool in the form of text.

Guest sirch

some of/most of the Analords.

don't even know which ones because i didn't bother keeping up after i listened to probably just the first one or 2 when they came out and thought wtf? this is pants. and was utterly bored by it.

same with the Tuss. just because i was expecting a lot more from him, after Windowlicker and Drugs, i guess.

the Analords were just one of the biggest disappointments of the last decade, for me, i think.

as of late the last one was the 2001 release of Surfing On Sine Waves with the extra tracks.

that's it I suppose.. well maybe some other bonus material I'm not aware of. definitely checked all warp, r&s and rephlex releases (available). excessive listening i'd have to say the analords, well chosen lords..

Guest nowyouknow

2 remixes and 26 remixes. i just don't dig remixes.

i thought the same, it's a big error i've made, the 26 mix is great and sounds 100% aphex

I wish I've never heard 26 Mixes for Cash. What a awful cd (except a few tracks).

Just had to get that out of my system.

*Gears up for flame war*

Not really a flame war. I guess it's a polarizing album, though.

I love 26 Mixes for Cash. It's got: Flow Coma, Raising the Titanic, Your Voice My Head, Spotlight, At the Heart of it All, The Beauty of Being Numb, Normal, and You Can't Hide Your Love. Those are all great, among the others, of course. OPINIONS.

I know a lot of people like the Windowlicker mix, I personally can't stand it.

Guest Rabid

I think 26 Mixes is a great album, there are a lot of gems on there. You should listen to it if you haven't already.

As for the OP's question: none. I've listened to Aphex Twin's entire catalog numerous times. That's my embarrassing revelation.

I think two of the tunes off RDJ Album are not that good and haven't listen to them since the first time I listen to the album (To Cure A Child and Peek 24567876444 are the tunes)

Other than that I listen to his discography on a regular bases.

Mentioning albums you know your supposed to listen to but haven't? This thread is lame, if you think you should listen to some records from his ridiculous catalog, just listen to them. Where is there any potential substance to this thread? What opinions would be interesting? This is almost more pointless than the super duper AFX fanboy threads that consist of 99% drool in the form of text.

The thread exists so you can discuss tracks you can't discuss. Discuss.

Archived