IGNORED

A Movie/Documentary on the History of the Roland TR-808

Joyrex

Look forward to seeing this. I know it's overused as fuck, but then again so are certain guitars in rock music. It's like the drum machine equivalent of the Les Paul.

Looks cool but rhythmically chopping up documented footage like that gets on my nerves. I hope that's just something they did for the trailer.

Oh fuck me that'd be awful - those edits should be reserved for 0:21-0:59 long youtube parody vids

Looks cool but rhythmically chopping up documented footage like that gets on my nerves. I hope that's just something they did for the trailer.

Oh fuck me that'd be awful - those edits should be reserved for 0:21-0:59 long youtube parody vids

Yeah, I can't think of a good reason to do them. Am I supposed to GET PUMPED and shake my ass to a documentary? It just seems like they didn't have enough good footage for the trailer so they repeated a bunch of shit to spread it out. Which defeats the purpose of a trailer which is supposed to be a quick, tantalizing summary containing some of the film's best parts.

Yeah i gotta say - i mean I know the 808 was an important piece of kit but really? A full length documentary? Should be like a 20 minute bit, similar to that one on the Amen break.

Yeah i gotta say - i mean I know the 808 was an important piece of kit but really? A full length documentary? Should be like a 20 minute bit, similar to that one on the Amen break.

There's this already, for instance (about 10 minutes spent on the 808 toward the end):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mt2-mlTz7Y

I'm sure they could fill an hour easily and substantive material: intro about drum machines, the story of Roland, the debut and use of it early on, famous example song, good interviews (fingers crossed) continued resurgence in it's usage, why it's so distinct, blah blah. It's plausible for it to be a great doc, but it could drag on easily. I hope it's decent.

Guest sirch

the universe really needed a documentary about the 808. with famous people saying to a camera 'this drum machine is the bomb', like no one knew it. very important stuff

i know right?

what the Universe actually needs is less Brian Tregaskin.

the universe really needed a documentary about the 808. with famous people saying to a camera 'this drum machine is the bomb', like no one knew it. very important stuff

i know right?

what the Universe actually needs is less Brian Tregaskin.

right

What the fuck is wrong with the person who made that "trailer"

It's even more annoying than watching MTV

I'm still going to check that doc out though lol

Archived