IGNORED

Disney stole Dwarf Grumpy and other charaters from North Korea

Guest ruiagnelo

Guest ruiagnelo

Have you guys seen this? Some precious stories on this blog: Kimjongilia - The Movie.

Land of the Absurd

From Andy Borowitz's report: "In other news, tensions between North Korea and the Walt Disney Company continued to mount, causing some to worry that the confrontation could soon become nuclear.

One day after Disney accused North Korea of using many of the company’s characters without licensing agreements, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un claimed that some of the most famous Disney characters were actually stolen from North Korea.

“The character of the dwarf Grumpy was clearly based on my dad,” Mr. Kim said."

While we're laughing at the Land of the Absurd, let's not forget it is also the land of deprivation and depravity.

Can't believe i have been living to this day completely fooled by Disney.

: (

*Grabs gun*

Guest ruiagnelo

Stolen ideas aside, the question here should be that the North Korean people, living in their remote, mighty only country in the world most certainly are told that all these characters are a creation of their supreme god/leader. That is really scary

Stolen ideas aside, the question here should be that the North Korean people, living in their remote, mighty only country in the world most certainly are told that all these characters are a creation of their supreme god/leader. That is really scary

Almost as scary as the most powerful nation in the world believing that all things int he universe were created by some flying invisible sky man.

(hint: not all North Koreans are dumb as rocks you know)

Guest ruiagnelo

Almost as scary as the most powerful nation in the world believing that all things int he universe were created by some flying invisible sky man.

(hint: not all North Koreans are dumb as rocks you know)

I don't remember claiming that all North Koreans are dumb.

The ability to think and differentiate ourselves from our surronding context is universal, and happens in every bit of land in this world, as clearly showed by the documentary Kimjongilia, which tells the stories of several people who escaped the country. Too bad to hear that thousands of others get/got killed or fail to do the same. But we know how brainwashing this regime is, so we can't compare it in any way to that "nation in the world believing that all things int he universe were created by some flying invisible sky man". There isn't only one nation where people believe such thing; it is a universal thought. But there is only one nation where people cry in huge masses for a dead leader, which is North Korea.

Man, you are boring as fuck..

So wait - it's cool with you that the US has the largest prison population on the planet not only in numbers, but also in terms of percentage of its population?

Britons crying for Diana?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12447950

It's easy to make villains out of NK, and they don't do themselves any favours - cause there is plenty of fucked up shit going on there. Reporting like this though - all it does is serve to create the idea of an "other" - the west needs a bogeyman or three.

Whatever - just keep believing that your government doesn't feed you propaganda.

Guest ruiagnelo

As usually, you are bringing words that my mouth hasn't spoke.

I don't see NK as villains. On the contrary, it is a question of stupidity and ignorance.

And britons cried for Diana as a choice, as lack of cultural references or simply an exciting life, not because they were brainwashed from early childhood.

I can't find a point in you comparing incomparable things

First Hitler with his boner for Disney, now this

What is it with Disney that attracts the attention of evil crazy people?

I wonder if there's an Al-Qaida member that has a secret love for the lion king. It has to be.

Geez look at the two Portuguese go - TIMJ - I understood perfectly well - thanks. Go stick your head in the sand and leave it there while grown-ups talk.

Stupidity and ignorance? So now they are dumb? That's odd - I seem to remember someone writing earlier "I don't remember claiming that all North Koreans were dumb".

LOL yes Britons cried for Diana out of choice, because they all totally believe, with no cultural influence at all, that the British royalty is something completely vital to the nation's well being and that Diana was a wonderful person. No brainwashing there.

And - since we know that not all North Koreans are dumb - would you suspect that maybe, just maybe - at least some of the tears shed by North Koreans for Kim Jong-Il's death were caused by rubbing kimchi in the eyes?

Guest ruiagnelo

Stupidity and ignorance? So now they are dumb? That's odd - I seem to remember someone writing earlier "I don't remember claiming that all North Koreans were dumb".

The people are not. Their leaders are

Which makes for a great difference

Guest ruiagnelo

If they're stupid and ignorant, how are they able to brainwash the population so well?

Fuck off, don't go on treating me like an ignorant primary school kid.

Stupid and ignorant people can perfectly captivate the attention and a lot more from millions of people. History tells us of several of such cases. Hitler sure read all the classics and enjoyed painting, but he was stupid and ignorant for what he made of his nation's people

Ruiagnelo - we must have different definitions of stupid and ignorant. I tend to call someone like Hitler lacking in humanity. I suppose the same label could be applied to the leaders of NK (and probably a lot of other places too). But they are not stupid - it takes a lot of intelligence to be able to manipulate people in that manner. Nor are they ignorant - they are rather fully cognizant of their actions.*

Again - I'm not saying there aren't a lot of fucked up things happening in North Korea - cause there clearly are. What I am saying is that reporting like this does nothing to help understanding between people - and that understanding is an important step in creating an atmosphere conducive to good discourse.

*To me - most of your typical racists could be described as stupid and ignorant - they don't know why they think the way they do. They just follow Fox news (insert right-wing screed of your country here) and go along with whatever they're saying.

TIMJ: 42% of 19 is 7.98 which rounds up to 8. So obviously they got the answer from 8 kids, not 7.98. They wrote 42% because it sounds better than the number 8 (and much better than 7.98 - which was a joke).

TIMJ: 42% of 19 is 7.98 which rounds up to 8. So obviously they got the answer from 8 kids, not 7.98. They wrote 42% because it sounds better than the number 8 (and much better than 7.98 - which was a joke).

sounds better?? sounds misleading and retarded... the thing is, you were the one who started lecturing me about percentages when i made fun of it...

Archived