IGNORED

Disney stole Dwarf Grumpy and other charaters from North Korea

Guest ruiagnelo

Ruiagnelo - we must have different definitions of stupid and ignorant. I tend to call someone like Hitler lacking in humanity.

They are ignorant of their own arrogance, just like you.

TIMJ: 42% of 19 is 7.98 which rounds up to 8. So obviously they got the answer from 8 kids, not 7.98. They wrote 42% because it sounds better than the number 8 (and much better than 7.98 - which was a joke).

sounds better?? sounds misleading and retarded... the thing is, you were the one who started lecturing me about percentages when i made fun of it...

It sounds better to marketers. I didn't lecture you - I was trying to explain what I said.

Ruiagnelo - we must have different definitions of stupid and ignorant. I tend to call someone like Hitler lacking in humanity.

They are ignorant of their own arrogance, just like you.

Yes yes I'm arrogant because I happen to have spent time studying North Korea, so i know something about the country. And also because one of my future paths is to hopefully work on economic development in North Korea so that the people who live in pretty awful conditions there have a chance to improve their lot in life.

I know - I'm a pawn in the orthodox view of the world and obviously am pure evil.

TIMJ - it didn't sound like you were making fun of it. Thanks for insulting me anyways.

TIMJ - it didn't sound like you were making fun of it. Thanks for insulting me anyways.

They surveyed 19 kids? Now, I might suck at statistics, but I'm reasonably sure that a sample size that small is not going to be representative of the large population of black children.

lol yeah i guess... i wonder why they couldn't get a round 20? i could probably make a racist joke about that actually but i won't.

lol i wondered why they use percentage if the survey included only 19 kids...

of the 19 black children surveyed, 42 percent said...

insult you??? wtf dude... :cat:

Guest ruiagnelo

Yes yes I'm arrogant because I happen to have spent time studying North Korea, so i know something about the country. And also because one of my future paths is to hopefully work on economic development in North Korea so that the people who live in pretty awful conditions there have a chance to improve their lot in life.

I could imagine this. I know that you live in South Korea (i guess so, as i recall reading it somewhere in some threads), and i don't participate in political and economical related questions at watmm that much, because i don't think i have enough knowledge, as you do for example. And that's why i got angry in the first place, because i knew you are a knowledgeable person, and you just popped up claiming that i thought NK people were dumb and ignorant.

You definitely got a point now: "we must have different definitions of stupid and ignorant".

I didn't start this thread to achieve a complex and deep discussion on NK, but simply wanted to share the Disney story. As someone said already, other totalitarians regimes have showed a strange fascination for Disney. It might not even be the case with NK, but how come have this gotten to a point where NK simply claim that Disney stole their characters? I just see it as a sign of ignorance and stupidity.

But please don't think i am here to condemn a whole nation. I can understand this is more complicated than it seems.

TIMJ - yeah you insult me when you call me nuts, or retarded.

ruiagnelo - apologies for misinterpreting your intent in posting the article.

I do think it's hilarious though - it's not like many of Disney's movies/characters are original anyways.

I could imagine this. I know that you live in South Korea (i guess so, as i recall reading it somewhere in some threads), and i don't participate in political and economical related questions at watmm that much, because i don't think i have enough knowledge, as you do for example. And that's why i got angry in the first place, because i knew you are a knowledgeable person, and you just popped up claiming that i thought NK people were dumb and ignorant.

You definitely got a point now: "we must have different definitions of stupid and ignorant".

I didn't start this thread to achieve a complex and deep discussion on NK, but simply wanted to share the Disney story. As someone said already, other totalitarians regimes have showed a strange fascination for Disney. It might not even be the case with NK, but how come have this gotten to a point where NK simply claim that Disney stole their characters? I just see it as a sign of ignorance and stupidity.

But please don't think i am here to condemn a whole nation. I can understand this is more complicated than it seems.

The leaders knows its not true, Kim Jon Ill knows he didn't play the "best golf game ever", its just propaganda to feed the oppressed masses. The NK propaganda machine (or any nations propaganda machine for that matter) are kind of like Mad Men.

TIMJ - yeah you insult me when you call me nuts, or retarded.

ruiagnelo - apologies for misinterpreting your intent in posting the article.

I do think it's hilarious though - it's not like many of Disney's movies/characters are original anyways.

i didn't call you retarded, i called retarded to the people who wrote that articleor the people who conducted that survey... wtf, me??? calling you??? a retard??? even if i did it couldn't be serious, if it was, that would mean that i was actually a hell of a dumb prick, bu hey, maybe that's what you think of me...

and nuts is a tender term imo :emb:

Guest ruiagnelo

The leaders knows its not true, Kim Jon Ill knows he didn't play the "best golf game ever", its just propaganda to feed the oppressed masses. The NK propaganda machine (or any nations propaganda machine for that matter) are kind of like Mad Men.

It would be propaganda if the NK people knew what Disney is in the first place. But claiming this just makes the leaders appear ridiculous to us, watching from the outside. I wonder, at this point, what is the amount of outside world information the NK people are actually given...

OK, I think I deserve to share this with most of you. It was a docu smuggled out of DPRK, and it completely blew my mind. Take it all with a pinch of.. a pinch of whatever you like. It's fucking mind blowing though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NMr2VrhmFI&feature=plcp

It's called "Propaganda".

OK, I think I deserve to share this with most of you. It was a docu smuggled out of DPRK, and it completely blew my mind. Take it all with a pinch of.. a pinch of whatever you like. It's fucking mind blowing though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NMr2VrhmFI&feature=plcp

It's called "Propaganda".

My god, they're the planet of tinfoil hats!

Guest dese manz hatin

They stole Snow White from an old German fairy tale.

Yeah and Peter Jackson stole The Hobbit from Tolkien.

Archived