IGNORED

Shinkansen Girl

Guest KatsuCurryTime

Guest KatsuCurryTime

I used Synplant for most of the sounds in this. All vocal work is produced by my own lungs. Inspired by my experience from travelling on the Shinkansen train between Kyoto and Tokyo. I even shot some of the journey which I used for some visuals for the track.

Would love to get some feedback on this.

http://soundcloud.com/katsucurrytime/shinkansen-girl-demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j_YkxpLW00

Guest KatsuCurryTime

Wow, thanks fellas!

Personally, it feels unfinished to me. Some parts could do with a bit more activity (or maybe less is more?).

Also, maybe prolong some of the hook parts. Over to quickly? Needs more variation. What yous think?

Appreciate it fellas.

Thanks again

this is really nice. It would be "my style" if the drums were more muted, since I like the dreamy feel of the synths. But I think you achieved what you were going for. Solid feeling track with that nice intuitive/stream of consciousness feeling house needs to work (imo). Not a big fan of the fadeout ending.

Yeah I feel the exact same way about the drums actually, like I think the beginning of the track is my favourite part. That being said, I think it is just a subjective thing and it's obviously well done.

I like the video too. It's really simple but it suits the song.

Guest KatsuCurryTime

Thanks guys. I think you are inspiring me to do an ambient remix.

Of course, I'm open to remix offers, if you fancy it?

I think this song is really excellent! I was digging the beginning, and it really got my attention when the drums kicked in. I like the drum levels. Video is really nice too. I get that high speed motion, moving right a long feeling. Fadeout ending is a little unexpected.

Excellent stuff man! Great job.

Only comment I have other than that is that, like Arc2 said, I think the fadeout ending came kind of quick and unexpected.... maybe you could end the drums and bassline and fade out the synths etc a bit slower? Either way great track =)

edit: just looked up synplant... what a crazy program! I can't wait to get it

Guest KatsuCurryTime

So happy you all like it! Yeah, the sudden fade out is sadly due to it still being in a slightly unfinished state. I will eventually fix that.

Synplant is such a fun soft synth.

Thanks again, guys.

Archived