IGNORED

SCALD ROUGISH - 'AUEN ANSICI' / 'BARDACHD'

Guest icasea

Guest icasea

scald2xcassfinalcardfinal.png

Icasea is proud to present a collaboration with Scald Rougish - aka Chris Douglas.

Chris has been releasing music since 1992 under many aliases, such as OST, Dalglish, Rook Vallade, Wooli Bodin....

'Auen Ansici' was recorded for ICASEA in 2012.

'Bardachd' was recorded in 2001 and until recently was thought lost. Mastered for this release from an original master cassette.

More to follow....

2 x Cassette in a hand numbered edition of 50 copies.

Comes in a presentation box with computer art cover, printed insert and a digital download in a format of your choice.

There are 5 different covers in editions of 10, your cover art will be assigned to you arbitrarily.

http://icasea.bandca...ansici-bardachd

for digital albums go to:

http://amhain.bandcamp.com/

4034097807-1.png

i feel dumb for sleeping on this, by the time i went to order it was already sold out!

Yeah, fuck!

Saw I had a new email this morning but didn't check it. Eventually checked it this evening and saw it was from ICASEA concerning this awesome looking muddafukka: SOLD OUT.

*feels bad*

I was in time for cassette. I guess it was saturday because of Chris' birthday. I don't know for sure but he was giving away four free tracks under german word for 'Birthday' as 'Gifts' on his soundcloud.

been listening to these throughout the day and they are fantastic. to me, he really keeps getting better. i thought that benacah drann deachd was the best thing he'd done, but these albums (auen ansici especially) are right up there with it.

both are on there. the longer album is gorgeous, beatless music. been itching to hear more of this style since I heard the intro to his last CD.

yeah, it's nice to hear him in that style. it kind of reminds me of waetka a bit in some ways, but maybe just because they are both on the softer side, compared to his other stuff.

been listening to these throughout the day and they are fantastic. to me, he really keeps getting better. i thought that benacah drann deachd was the best thing he'd done, but these albums (auen ansici especially) are right up there with it.

both are on there. the longer album is gorgeous, beatless music. been itching to hear more of this style since I heard the intro to his last CD.

yeah, it's nice to hear him in that style. it kind of reminds me of waetka a bit in some ways, but maybe just because they are both on the softer side, compared to his other stuff.

have you heard his Synken DVD? that's up there for me next to Benacah Drann Deachd. It's a collaboration with visual artist troupe Transforma ( i think)

glad to see Dalglish getting the notoriety he deserves

obligatory plug, you can still get copies of Benacah Drann Deachd from my label here http://recordlabelrecords.org/150.html

flac, mp3 or cd

also still taking preorders for his upcoming 12" EP

http://soundcloud.com/fluorescentgrey/dalglish-venonyn-ep-sampler

just finished listening to Bardachd and i don't know what to say. it's the most overtly beautiful new music i've heard since oversteps. incredible

I hope they do a 2nd edition of the tapes. I normally have no problem with digital files but this time everything is perfect: the oversized box, the coloured tapes, the typo, design…… it's really a wonderful object.

Maybe somebody can forward my little wish to the label.

Aside from that it's pretty interesting to see that some labels are giving out wonderfully designed tape editions. The situation in Germany is that the cassette tape is pretty dead now. It's a shame.

I hope they do a 2nd edition of the tapes. I normally have no problem with digital files but this time everything is perfect: the oversized box, the coloured tapes, the typo, design…… it's really a wonderful object.

Maybe somebody can forward my little wish to the label.

Aside from that it's pretty interesting to see that some labels are giving out wonderfully designed tape editions. The situation in Germany is that the cassette tape is pretty dead now. It's a shame.

Unfortunately for those who weren't able to grab the set, ICASEA have never done a re-press / 2nd run of anything they've put out physically.

Unfortunately for those who weren't able to grab the set, ICASEA have never done a re-press / 2nd run of anything they've put out physically.

Well okay, I have to respect that. Then I will grab them digitally.

Well okay, I have to respect that. Then I will grab them digitally.

I wish I could've gotten the wax cylinders that they released (here and here), but I missed out.

It helps if you have a smartphone and can access Twitter in real time (push notifications) or can check RSS feeds regularly, but even then it's possible that if 'you snooze, you lose'.

Sorry man :(

I wish I could've gotten the wax cylinders that they released (here and here), but I missed out.

It helps if you have a smartphone and can access Twitter in real time (push notifications) or can check RSS feeds regularly, but even then it's possible that if 'you snooze, you lose'.

Sorry man :(

Wow, that's crazy. Wasn't aware that they also do wax cylinders. Funny that they have put computer music on it (as the title tells).

just finished listening to Bardachd and i don't know what to say. it's the most overtly beautiful new music i've heard since oversteps. incredible

i sense or at least suspect a potential Skam Dalglish release in the future. I mean frankly he's more interesting and taps into that mysterious vibe AE does than 80% of the artists on the roster.

Got this in the post today, gave me an unexpected nostalgia rush - reminded me getting old dj hype mixes on 2 tape boxes nearly 20yrs ago.

Content is slightly different obviously, god knows what my 15yr old self would have made of it.

Now just got to dust off my old walkman. Gonna get some odd looks on the way to work tomorrow i reckon.

Archived