IGNORED

William Basinski - Disintegration Loops

Guest kyriakos

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wish there was just a cd only re-release. like 30-40 bucks for the albums and a cool but simple package, they'd sell. but no, instead they're still $13 a pop. lame. MISSED OPPORTUNITY BILLY BASINSKOOO

How on earth does Disintegration Loops work on 12'', aren't they pretty much all 1 hour tracks?! I would've thought having to flip the bastard every 20 minutes or so would lose some of it's hypnotic long-form quality, no ?

I'm going just out of darned curiosity (oh and I'm a fan of the series) as I'm guessing there'll be more to it than just bunging a pre recorded loop of tape onto his reel-to-reel machine and leave it playing for an hour ?!

Guest kyriakos

I'm going just out of darned curiosity (oh and I'm a fan of the series) as I'm guessing there'll be more to it than just bunging a pre recorded loop of tape onto his reel-to-reel machine and leave it playing for an hour ?!

lol yeah i don't quite understand that either

It's definitely not a hoax. The price direct from the label will be $225, with $48 for UK shipping (I assume this'll also be the same for all int shipping too)

Dennis Blackham has done the mastering, so it'll be guarenteed to sound lovely. I know first hand that stuff like this costs a FORTUNE to produce, so even though it's expensive, I don't think they're trying to rip anyone off. Chances are they're probably making a loss actually.

https://www.facebook.com/temporaryresidence is the source.

Guest jasondonervan

The whole DL passed me by. That set is a bit rich for my blood, especially as a newcomer to the series. Should I just grab the first one on digital (from bleep) and take it from there?

Guest Hanratty

i wish there was just a cd only re-release. like 30-40 bucks for the albums and a cool but simple package, they'd sell. but no, instead they're still $13 a pop. lame. MISSED OPPORTUNITY BILLY BASINSKOOO

agree. :sad:

Guest jasondonervan

I snagged the whole set on digital from bleep for a cheap price. Someone at bleep done derped up; you can buy the individual tracks of each album in total for £8.91 (99p per track), or all albums for £19.96 (£4.99 per album).

I was heavily into Brian Eno long time ago and also stumbled over Basinski. Eno/Basinski share some methods and sounds but I never got really into Williams music. I found the concept to record the last seconds of muzak and create shifting landscapes out of it more interesting than the audible result.

Maybe I should make a second try and look if I have the same opinion after all the years.

Archived