IGNORED

William Basinski - Disintegration Loops

Guest kyriakos

i still lol everytime i read the story about him doing this on 9/11 while watching the towers collapsing. It's a wonderful piece of experimental music folklore, worthy of reaching the greatness of the supposedly outlandish Coum Transmission performances that no one ever filmed or photographed.

i still love that every time this comes up you voice how incredulous you are about this completely reasonable story.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tell me, whats good about this? because its William Basinski? he's around for years and people speak about him? lots of releases etc. dont worry about feeling you're missing something if you don't get it or

your friends will think you're not cool for school. the reason you don't get it is because theres nothing to get from this.

its boring, if you like to be bored then enjoy your boring time with this. its also very depressingly boring, dreary, fall asleep, forget

what i just heard boring. ah yea great music that, timeless in fact.

if this just came out as some 'new artist' you would NOT buy it and don't say you would, even if they tried to sell it to you as their 'album of the week'.

it may be all fine using stuff like this on parts of a record or within another piece of a track but as full tracks, all 10, 20 of them? enjoy your sleep. when you wake up, try to think for yourself and not believe what others try to tell you is 'essential'. this is not, you don't need it.

Man, quit peddling your opinion like it's the bloody gospel.

(though I would like the DVD)

No good?

Good, just not 300 quid good to see an hours sunset towards a smoking city landscape.

Still not sure how the 12'' work for this release - anyone know they're split ?

(though I would like the DVD)

No good?

Good, just not 300 quid good to see an hours sunset towards a smoking city landscape.

Still not sure how the 12'' work for this release - anyone know they're split ?

I think the vinyl is live orchestral versions.....?

(might be wrong)

Possibly though there's 9 of the bad boys. There's 9 DLPs so theoretically that'd be 1 per track, but as dlp1.1 is 60 mins that wouldn't be physically possible to fit on the limitations of vinyl.

The discogs entry mentions the DVD and CDs contents but the vinyl remains a bit of a mystery.

i still lol everytime i read the story about him doing this on 9/11 while watching the towers collapsing. It's a wonderful piece of experimental music folklore, worthy of reaching the greatness of the supposedly outlandish Coum Transmission performances that no one ever filmed or photographed.

i still love that every time this comes up you voice how incredulous you are about this completely reasonable story.

lol

Guest Lucy Faringold

only £299.99 featuring an exclusive dvd of the disintegration lols set against the moving backdrop of that gif where skrillex gets chased by a bee.

anyway, $225 for 9LPs, 5CDs, a DVD and a book is not expensive.

it's not, but it feels rather unnecessary to have it released in this gigantic form rather than just make cheaper versions with several formats to choose. there sure would be enough people to buy every option anyway, and some of us not fanatical could have their share of cheaper stuff as well.

You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edILigSURtc (see at 0:19:20)

Or all these?

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/coum-transmissions

http://randomindex.wordpress.com/2007/12/26/coum-transmission/

Anyway, I will not buy this boxset because why would I have a few loops of a few seconds both on CD and way too many vinyls that stop in the middle of the track because a track can be about an hour long. I also don't care that much for a book with extra pictures. The best situation for me would be a nice set of just the tracks on CD + the DVD, but that isn't available I think?

As much as I love Basinski's music. He has a tendency overprice things.

I really want El Carmino Real on CD... But I just can't get myself to pay 20$ for a single track, and I don't care how long it is.

Archived