IGNORED

William Basinski - Disintegration Loops

Guest kyriakos

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lucy Faringold

he said it was like an artist cynically exploiting a nuclear attack by Iran on israel. that is what he said.

Yeah but you made it sound like he was comparing Basinski's appropriation to a holocaust against the jews. I honestly wouldn't have known unless I'd watched the video. Anyway this thread is making me queasy. I'm out. Peace bros.

but wtf is up with people comparing it to a nuclear holocaust on the Jews and then watmmers being like "he has a point"

No one did that. You really need to stop misrepresenting what the reviewer said in that video.

"if I go downstairs right now and I hold down middle C on my roland rs09 string synth [estute synth reference] for a half an hour and record it into gold wave [earlier he established that this was a program mr. Lopatin uses] and go to bed and I get up tomorrow and Iran's dropped a nuclear bomb on Israel, so I go out and I go to fucking Getty images and I get some stock picture of an A-bomb going off and I put that on the cover of my fucking limited edition fucking green vinyl twelve inch that I'm gonna put out and then, what, I'll write Hebrew on it to make it even more legit. I mean this kind of appropriation and co-option of really tragica and really important events in human history for some half assed process art piece by some...ya know..loft guy [bwahahaha]..."

So, yes, he did say that and I am not misrepresenting what he said.

There's some weird shit going on in this thread.

I think it's a decent album. If you don't, then just say you don't.

he said it was like an artist cynically exploiting a nuclear attack by Iran on israel. that is what he said.

i will gladly review the video to provide you with the exact statement.

yeah you WAAAAAAAAY misrepresented what he said

honestly i think its great & funny (even if i dont bite all all on those critics against a piece of art that i truly love & i love BOTH OPN & w.basinski) all his fuss about this... the disintegration loops are a really strong artistic statement in its own right, it deserve all this fuss & coverage, that's what radical art does (see malevitch or merzbow), it tends to drive some people nuts. & i just love the idea that someone is going crazy over his webcam about an ambient record.

but wtf is up with people comparing it to a nuclear holocaust on the Jews and then watmmers being like "he has a point"

People?

He's not comparing it to a nuclear holocaust on the Jews.

You misrepresented what he said. I watched the video rather diligently, then read your comment and had no idea what you were talking about because of your imprecise wording.

I'm not trying to beef, I just think that the the distinction is worth clarifying.

No one did that. You really need to stop misrepresenting what the reviewer said in that video.

"if I go downstairs right now and I hold down middle C on my roland rs09 string synth [estute synth reference] for a half an hour and record it into gold wave [earlier he established that this was a program mr. Lopatin uses] and go to bed and I get up tomorrow and Iran's dropped a nuclear bomb on Israel, so I go out and I go to fucking Getty images and I get some stock picture of an A-bomb going off and I put that on the cover of my fucking limited edition fucking green vinyl twelve inch that I'm gonna put out and then, what, I'll write Hebrew on it to make it even more legit. I mean this kind of appropriation and co-option of really tragica and really important events in human history for some half assed process art piece by some...ya know..loft guy [bwahahaha]..."

So, yes, he did say that and I am not misrepresenting what he said.

here it is.

Guest Lucy Faringold

if I've misrepresented what he said, please clarify.

also, fuck you about imprecise wording; I copied his exact words in a previous post.

this is getting sad. LimpyLoo and I have both quoted your post and called you out. copying down his exact words nine posts after misrepresenting the dude isn't actually fooling anyone.

Guest Lucy Faringold

He didn't compare it a nuclear holocaust

He compared it to someone co-opting a nuclear holocaust to sell their art

big difference

So here we go: William Basinski co-opted a nuclear holocaust to sell his art.

are you on drugs

also, fuck you about imprecise wording; I copied his exact words in a previous post.

this is getting sad. LimpyLoo and I have both quoted your post and called you out. copying down his exact words nine posts after misrepresenting the dude isn't actually fooling anyone.

this post makes no sense.

Guest Lucy Faringold

this post makes no sense.

put the crack pipe down

big difference

are you on drugs

your post is a non sequiter

big difference

are you on drugs

Lol, you're an idiot

Archived