IGNORED

what is your... music center? made of? (i am sorry for my bad english. pfpf)

anonymstol

i got an 80s technics seperates system. new class A no less. it's also got auto-reverse. so fuck you.

If I understand what I'm reading here correctly, I'm jealous and laughing at the same time.

lol

it's this one (not my photo, plus being seperates i haven't got them all stacked on top of each other like this, kind of more spread out side-by-side)

6233ce_20.jpeg

it's fucking alright.

Laptop and some shitty in-ear headphones.

I have a pair of Sony MDR-V600 headphones. They are really good, but the volume is way too low on them. Guess wasn't made for laptops.

Do anyone know any good headphones for laptops?

just get an fiio headphone amp and you'll be good. ^^

Thanks for the advice. I'm not on expert on sound etc.

But I been looking at this one, do you know if it's any good?:

http://www.amazon.co...g_tr_13880161_1

Also, I been wanting to buy a pair of more "open" headphones, because I don't really like using the closed ones for too long, they gets too hot for my ears after a while. Anyone who knows some good open style headphones?

I know there's been millions threads and questions about headphones. But please help me :flower:

my anlegg is made of a cambridge audio forsterker and kompakt disk spiller, plus mordaunt short høyttalere and crap shure hodetelefoner. my lydgrensesnitt is now working, that's an edirol ua-25

just get an fiio headphone amp and you'll be good. ^^

Thanks for the advice. I'm not on expert on sound etc.

But I been looking at this one, do you know if it's any good?:

http://www.amazon.co...g_tr_13880161_1

Also, I been wanting to buy a pair of more "open" headphones, because I don't really like using the closed ones for too long, they gets too hot for my ears after a while. Anyone who knows some good open style headphones?

I know there's been millions threads and questions about headphones. But please help me :flower:

The Fiio E11 is a good little device. I got one myself and I use it to drive a 250 Ohm Beyerdynamic DT770 with my Cowon S9. Working good.

For open cans: the Beyerdynamic DT880 is a good can

or maybe you start here (recommended for all questions about headphones, watmm):

http://www.head-fi.o...s-for-under-500

my anlegg is made of a cambridge audio forsterker and kompakt disk spiller, plus mordaunt short høyttalere and crap shure hodetelefoner. my lydgrensesnitt is now working, that's an edirol ua-25

lol

• 2 weeks later...

TEAC A-R630 Amp

TEAC V-615 Tape deck

Marantz CD5400 CD player

Sony ATRAC DPS Type-S Minidisc deck

And a turntable that dare not speak its name, with low end speakers I got from Richer Sounds years ago. I've never been able to afford to go beyond entry-level.

And Project turntables, worth the while?

I have no space in my apartment so I'm stuck with this limited setup for now:

Using a 2007 Macbook Pro to serve mostly lossless audio to an Apogee Duet (1st gen/firewire) as a DAC/headphone amp, to:

---> Audioengine A5 active monitors

or

---> Headphones: Sennheiser HD-650 / Grado HF-2 / Shure SE-535

If I could find some space and work a decent turntable into this setup, I'd be thrilled with it.

Also if it wasn't a loft and my girlfriend could turn off the goddamn TV for one fucking minute.

WORK SETUP

Some shitty Dell --> Spotify --> Grado SR-60s with upgraded headband from headphonelounge.com and flat pads from Todd the Vinyl Junkie. For teh comforts.

I use this much more :facepalm:

No offence intended but it really does amaze me that some music fans have such crap systems like laptop speakers. Even if you're skint you can at least buy a £30 pair off ebay or something. Everyone needs to experience Clark's remix of Milanese - Mr Bad News through a meaty system. It's so beautifully brutal!

I've got loads of great music on on my pc, all on winamp so I can just type in an artist name and have their whole discography up in a flash. My PC is hooked up to my 42 inch Panasonic Plasma, and my 5.1 surround system powered by a Kenwood amp.

I've got a Technics cassette player but that's just for overdriving audio as an effect, or recording to tape as an effect. I've got a DSI Mopho synth and my mate has lent me his Dark Energy synth for a while. Eventually I'll move to all/primarily hardware for producing.

I used to have Huge Jamo speakers with twelve inch subs when I was younger but that was when I stayed in a reasonably large house. They were nuts, I'd play music in the top front bedroom and all the plates and cutlery would rattle in the kitchen at the lower back of the house. :biggrin: Wouldn't get away with that in my flat now.

new class A

posting here for interest as i've always wondered what the fuck "New Class A" meant on Technics (and other amps):

class A designs tend to have fairly low output power (witness the Marantz PM7200 for example which in class A mode drops to 20wpc).

In the late 70s/early 80s there was a big push to achieve lower and lower distortion figures from amplifiers. Consequently several manufacturers aimed to combine the low-distortion benefits of a class A design with the cooler running and higher power of a class B. Technics came up with 'New Class A' and later 'Class AA', JVC had their 'Super A' circuit, and Pioneer employed non-switching design into several of their amps for quite some time, including the un-conventionally designed 'Communication Component' A-series amps of 1981. Whilst no substitute for something like an MF or Sugden true class A design, these amps certainly seem to sound sweeter and cleaner than their more conventional equivalents of the time and some of the better ones still attract decent levels of interest even now.

Archived