"One of the most unique musicians produced by the UK in recent years, FACT found the news out while interviewing 4AD label boss Simon Halliday. Speaking to Joe Muggs, Halliday revealed that “Zomby’s in New York, and he’s chill. He’s happy. He’s getting some music together and it’s sounding great – really summery and smooth, kinda like that feeling Aphex would get to sometimes, that sort of Richard D. James album where it was really melodic.”

“He seems happy”, Halliday continues. “He sends stuff over, and there’s some great tracks in there, it makes me happy too. I think his last album for us was great, it showed a really great palette of musical tastes, and that he’s a great programmer in terms of actually putting a record together. He doesn’t speed records out for the sake of it, he takes his own time, he’s very thoughtful – but I think if he can do a couple more good albums, he’ll prove to be one of the great producers.”

http://www.factmag.c...record-for-4ad/
http://www.4ad.com/artists/zomby

Edited by Redruth
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol straight from the comments on fact, couldn't of said it better.

audreyistheone

wonder how much of it will be plagiarised and from whom?

Guest sirch

"He’s getting some music together and it’s sounding great – really summery and smooth, kinda like that feeling Aphex would get to sometimes, that sort of Richard D. James album where it was really melodic.”

"I think if he can do a couple more good albums, he’ll prove to be one of the great producers.”

would be funny if all the melodies were lifted straight from the RDJ album

oh, zomby!

Guest sirch

yeah. 'cos he's still doing it and putting records out...

also, check the recent vinyl purchases thread. there's photographic evidence. hahaha

I bought the 1st album when it came out on Vinyl. Second one wasnt great so I didnt bother. If this is good I'll get it, if not, fuck him.

I dont have to like how an artist conducts himself to buy decent tunes.

omg zomby sampled one of my farts! at least you could put me in the booklet, you fucking faggot!!!

who cares, new zomby album! :w00t:

Guest sirch

what does TBA stand for in this context? The Biggest Asshole?

not sure but could well be the name of the release?

he would probably like a title like that (the biggest asshole)...

So I take it Zomby steals music and is an asshole.

Whatever, don't like him much anyway. The only good song I've heard by him is Aquafresh.

http://youtu.be/r_PjKUp7VSQ

edit:

It's To Be Announced if you guys aren't joking. If you are then erm...whoops.

Edited by gmanyo

That whole track is just Vampire's "Crest Pro Health" with an extra vocal sample in the background

one foot ahead of the other ep is petty sweet 2 me

and come one watmm, dedication whas a homage to everyone who makes music with a pc

definatly will check his new album out! :flower:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ANPYuW5tpYw

Edited by Ivan Ooze

Zomby starting to get more hate than Flashbulb here these days... :cerious:

He makes fantastic music, so I don't really give a fuck.

He doesn't make it though. :emotawesomepm9:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now