IGNORED

Zomby - With Love

Redruth

Anyone who pisses so many people off? Sometimes in my book that's a good thing. TBH the more so many people cry about him the more I grin and like him. But that's my rebellious nature bubbling up there. But it's generally held me in good stead. I've always warmed to musicians who upset the apple cart. IDM dosen't have many does it? So perhaps Zomby see's it as his job to get up your nose. Good on him.

lol ripping people off, writing dull tunes and being a dick is all just part of the plan man!

the rebellious nature in me makes me want to admire him, but then i remember being a near talentless thieving twat and rebellious are 2 very different things

I like this suprisingly much... "Rendevouz" and "Things You Do" are insane tracks... like i said, the tracks are between 1 and 3 minutes... but still, it's a coherent and fresh listen, a bit like a soundtrack to an evil game or something...

Ascension should be a classic. Instead, he just cuts it off after 58 seconds and moves onto a load of dull, similarly unfinished tracks that are in desperate need of quality control. I'm surprised 4AD haven't intervened actually. The 2nd disc in particular is literally just the same keys, bass and trap-style beats from track to track. It's like he made a single tune and then produced 16 slightly different mixdowns of it. Even the first disc is completely alphabetical in the track order. Did he just do a HDD dump of some random tunes he made or something?

With a degree of actual care and compositional awareness, he could have made a really solid, memorable album. As it stands, it just feels incredibly lazy. If he doesn't care, then why should the listener?

It's funny how he's constantly comparing himself to Aphex, Burial etc... and while Zomby has a good ear for melody, he's a world apart from his heroes in regards to composition. I'm sure Zomby doesn't give a fuck though and I've no doubt the ADHD kids of today will love it.

• Like 1

yeah. first zomby album i've bought. not sure on the clipped style of the tracks. for me, either this is about not knowing what to do with the recycling of old 90's styles, or it's some odd idea that probably would've worked better if they blended together. mind you, listened to first disc and there's a few great examples on there, just in two minds as to whether there's much better stuff that originally used these styles but they're not as interesting because they're relatively old to some ears.

Guest peteisfat

zomby%20vs%20mahinebum.png

they're deleted now I think but last night Zomby was talkin some shit about Machinedrum, I dunno what he had said to piss Zomby off

ctJ1UnW.png

ctJ1UnW.pngctJ1UnW.png

ctJ1UnW.pngctJ1UnW.png

Edited by peteisfat

Guest peteisfat

fuck I dont know how to use this forum, I had adblock on so I couldnt figure out why the images weren't showing up and now I dont know how to edit my post and I'm sorry I'll be on my way