IGNORED

Max Richter - Recomposed By Max Richter: Vivaldi - The Four Seasons

Redruth

EIlMf.jpg

"The album shows Richter reinterpreting what is arguably one of the most familiar pieces of classical music ever written: Vivaldi's Four Seasons. "You can’t get away from the piece," Richter says. "It’s part of the musical landscape, and a part of my own daily life. I hear it all the time in supermarkets, I have to endure it whenever I make a phone call and I’m put on hold, and it’s always turning up in TV ads." Which isn't to say it's bad: "It is such engaging, attractive material that it’s easy for young people to connect with it; it’s very immediate. As everyone does, I had the piece in my brain and knew my favourite moments."The extent of Richter's reinterpretation varies over the course of the album—he says some parts are almost entirely original, while others are tweaked on a surgical level. The end product is performed by the English violinist Daniel Hope, German conductor André Ridder and the Konzerthaus Kammerorchester Berlin."

http://www.maxrichte...ews/view/193/MR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

first listen. been a fan since blue notebook. got tired of the voices after a while. this is wonderful so far plus no voices. sad i slept on this glad i found it now.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

i made a spotify playlist and had the vivaldi version and then the recomposed version. I noticed 2 things. richter's is much much sadder (but i guess that is kinda his sound). and a little repetitive too. i know themes etc but I started to get bored of that same sound after a few.

Max Richter vs Vivaldi

• 1 year later...

Archived