IGNORED

PLUTO, BITCHES

Nebraska

Pluto is more interesting than mike the cleaner.

please go on. i'd be interested in your opinion on COCA-COLA versus LIBERTARIANISM, or AQUEDUCTS versus ROQUEFORT CHEESE.

Coca-Cola vs Libertarianism : Coca Cola C for capitalism, the libertarian movement was hijacked by confused rednecks who drink Coca-Cola rotting their teeth and possibly giving them diabetes. Coca is better than Libertarianism in my opinion because i don't want to be a redneck ( i would rather have rotten teeth)

Aqueducts vs Roquefort Cheese: I've never had Roquefort Cheese, i bet aqueducts are more important than Roquefort cheese but to be honest if god came down and forced to choose one of the two i would choose the cheese i never had it and i'm always open to trying new things (plus i want to see how society without aqueducts functions)

BICYCLES versus MIKE TYSON

THE CONCEPT OF FREE WILL versus DAWN

AUTECHRE versus AA BATTERIES

this thread is getting good.

Edited by kaini

Bicycles vs Mike Tyson: Okay then,,,,, (multiple comas for dramatic effects) i love riding bikes i do for my health i do it cause is fun and i get to see moms jogging in the morning which turns me on but Mike Tyson ... what a character, i mean he bit a a guy's ear off (primal behavior ftw!!!!!) , the hours and hours of entertainment has provided for me will never replace a morning bike ride (+ plus moms jogging), just his voice/lisp alone is worthy of a victory here (one time i spent 3 hours impersonating mike tyson .. i was alone in a dark room, now that i think about it i probably have some kind of schizophrenia).

Random Fact: You can park a bicycle in Mike Tyson's diastema.

Edited by YO303

now, if we could get a probe out to the oort cloud, i'd be VERY interested. but the oort cloud is a LONG way out.

YES! I remember in late elementary school watching a video in class on comets that mentioned the Oort Cloud as their source, but about how little was known about the entity. There was just something very mysterious about the Oort Cloud compared to so many other astronomical subjects, and my fascination of it hasn't dwindled one bit since.

Oort cloud is neat stuff! it's pretty wacky how big the 'boundary' of our solar system is.

600px-Oort_cloud_Sedna_orbit.svg.png

i had no idea about Sedna's existence until reading the oort cloud wiki this morning.

also thank god this thread exists, mars is way too mainstream omg :facepalm:

• 2 years later...

yes, they said it's a dwarf planet. ok so it's not official yet but the guys from Harvard think it's legit so it's pretty much in the bag.

PS i actually read several different articles on this, maybe this wasn't the best one to post to highlight my viewpoint.

more stuff here http://www.sciencealert.com.au/news/20143009-26255-2.html if you don't care don't read buttwads.

"'Planet' is a culturally defined word that has changed its meaning over and over again," one of the debaters, Historian Owen Gingerich from the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, argued. "My feeling is that in retrospect, the IAU should not have attempted to define the word 'planet.'"

*blocks Obel again*

Edited by MadameChaos

What will Black Science Man say about Pluto being considered to be classified as a planet again. I remember him being for the re-classification.

Why would Bill Cosby care about Pluto?

just fucking nuke it already who cares about that little shit its just tearing us apart and wrecking everything!

wasn't pluto discovered around the same time we were learning/testing how to split the atom? this is no mere coincidence.

you may be on to something.

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist