IGNORED

why isn't the ricky grevais show called the karl pilkinton show?

anonymstol

Guest Frankie5fingers

because, Karl wasn't actually part of the gang when it first aired. he was their producer. but when they realized how funny he was they decided to make him a permanent spot on the show. at this time still no one had any idea who Karl was, thus no name change. but nowadays everyone does so if Ricky switched the name now it would be fine and wouldn't confuse anyone. but as said before, Ricky's a fucking cunt and can't handle his own fame being stolen from "his own creation" as it were.

Guest sirch

it's basically just ricky and steve making karl tell about his views on things. i see why though.

karl's hilarious.

Karl is funnier than the 2 of them put together. and i'm sure he's not that thick. he plays up to/on it and is proper lol funny,

unlike Merchant/Gervais who're just boring cunts now.

Gervais might have a ego issue but that's not the thing as I see it. I think that Ricky is behind at least 80% of the all Karl concept be able to work as comedy. He is really good at producing the context in which Karl can explode. It's obvious if you listen to their first radio shows. So even if afterwards it was all about Karl it was Ricky (and Merchant to a degree) that made it possible.

Guest Roksen Creek

On the subject of Gervais, did anyone else see the pilot episode of Derek? Truly the worst thing I have ever seen.

Unbelievably, a full series has been commissioned by Channel 4 for 2013. Seriously watch the pilot and tell me with a straight face that isn't the worst thing you have ever watched. I don't care about the disabled controversy, I care that TV programmes that shit can get commissioned just because of a name.

Guest sirch

because Gervais is a tapped out egomaniac who is riding on fumes from the Office and Extras?

The Office was really good at the time but i think it looks so old now when i watch repeats of it on tv...

I think Extras was better.

anyway, yeah they're both a pair of armholes. (lol)

Its called the Ricky Gervais show because they used to do it way back in the day on Xfm, it was just Ricky and Steve. Karls participation was a complete accident.

I guess Steve wasn't famous enough to be in the title.

Ricky always says the show should be called The Karl Pilkington Show but Karl doesn't want to change it/doesn't want his name on posters.

Listen to the show before judging ye proots.

Guest Gary C

On the subject of Gervais, did anyone else see the pilot episode of Derek? Truly the worst thing I have ever seen.

Unbelievably, a full series has been commissioned by Channel 4 for 2013. Seriously watch the pilot and tell me with a straight face that isn't the worst thing you have ever watched. I don't care about the disabled controversy, I care that TV programmes that shit can get commissioned just because of a name.

I tried to watch it. Think I caught 5 minutes, but yeah, it simply wasn't funny. Just baffling. I couldn't tell what they were trying to do.

I mean, back in the day, I guess The Office received an initially baffled response. But it had a core of lovable characters around Gervais' cunt. Really, it's the supporting cast that make The Office what it is/was.

That disabled thing just came across as trite and self-indulgent.

Archived