IGNORED

Looking for Bands/Musicians for a Compilation

Guest Forfy23

Guest Forfy23

Calling all Experimental musicians/bands! (In particular, those who dwell in the fields of IDM/Glitch/Acid/Ambient/Breaks/Breakcore - though any Experimental genre is welcome!)

Looking for Experimentalists for a compilation that will be released on cassette/digital download/maybe more at later stages! The basic idea of the compilation is pretty simple - Fruit. The idea is to get a whole bunch of Experimental musicians/bands to contribute tracks relating to or named after fruits, and have them all mixed into a comp. That being said, the music can be fruit related, or completely unrelated and named "Orange" or "Pineapple" or whatever fruit the individual people desire. Once all the songs are made/collected, they'll be mixed together to form a "fruit basket" of a release.

The simplest ideas often make the best results, and that's what I'm hoping will come of it. If you are interested, please reply here, send me a PM, or email me: forfeh@gmail.com with your details and a sample or two of your work. Thanks!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Forfy23

Sounds interesting. How do you want to release it? Bandcamp or Netlabel or what?

"that will be released on cassette/digital download/maybe more at later stages"

So for starters it'll be available on cassette, and on netlabel (or Bandcamp or whathaveyou), and depending how popular it goes more formats may follow.

Fuckin’ yeah, I love fruit. I could get into this.

For a big disorganized pile of shit I wrote, you can go here: http://soundcloud.com/ascdi

Excepting of course the one called “mixtape” as that is a mixtape and not written by me.

What does fruit mean to me, musically? Hmm…

Guest Forfy23

*insert gay joke*

I was acutally waiting for someone to claim covering Aquarius as an "Orange" song, but I suppose that works too!

Fuckin’ yeah, I love fruit. I could get into this.

For a big disorganized pile of shit I wrote, you can go here: http://soundcloud.com/ascdi

Excepting of course the one called “mixtape” as that is a mixtape and not written by me.

Sounds good man, I'll PM you the rest of the info!

haha fun idea. i wrote a track called "Waxy Berries" about a year and a half ago, it never got released... I'll try to find it and send it your way, it's all yours if you're interested!

Guest Forfy23

can i make a cover of xtal using a fart soundboard

Though not suited to this, that still sounds like a marvellous endeavour!

Thanks to those that replied, I've PMed you with more info~

Guest Forfy23

When is the due-date for submissions?

At the moment I'm waiting to hear back from all the people who expressed interest/I contacted; so there's no immediate rush. So no set deadline just now, but I'd like submissions within a month or two max.

haha, if only that photo were real.

This is a pretty good idea btw. Not sure if I'm dedicated enough to submit something for it but I'm interested!

Guest Forfy23

This is a pretty good idea btw. Not sure if I'm dedicated enough to submit something for it but I'm interested!

Me and some mates said if we could ever be bothered to, we'd go make it real haha!

And thanks, if you are keen let me know; I had a listen to some of your tracks and they were quite enjoyable.

Me and some mates said if we could ever be bothered to, we'd go make it real haha!

And thanks, if you are keen let me know; I had a listen to some of your tracks and they were quite enjoyable.

Ah cool, thanks for listening! Yeah, I'm definitely interested in hearing about deadlines etc!

Guest Forfy23

Ah cool, thanks for listening! Yeah, I'm definitely interested in hearing about deadlines etc!

No deadline just yet, PM'd you with more info!

Guest Frankie5fingers

im interested. i think i could come up with some sweet Ambient for it. but now i have to think of a fruit thats ambient. hmmm

Archived