IGNORED

Looking for Bands/Musicians for a Compilation

Guest Forfy23

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Forfy23

Thanks to everyone for the response! I never expected it to snowball as quickly as it did (good thing I came here then, haha).

To those that I've messaged or emailed, I need you to get back to me ASAP to let me know if you are indeed working on something for this comp. so I can verify the numbers and such. Until they're verified, I won't be able to check anyone else out. So please get back to me as soon as you can!

Also, for those who are working on something, please avoid using the following fruits, as some musicians have told me they're working on a track related to/named them:

Katniss

Acai/Noni

Plums

Thanks everyone! Hope to hear from you all soon.

Guest Forfy23

So each person has to pick a unique fruit; no fruit overlap? I would like to do this and I choose 'Durian'!

Yeah the hope is that there'll be no overlap, hence why I'm posting these lists of already claimed fruits. I'll add Durian to the list, and put you on the confirmed artists list too. Thanks!

I'm down forf... has anyone claimed "Grapefruit" yet? Links to my sounds below!

I'll PM you in one sec, thanks!

Updated fruit list:

Katniss

Acai/Noni

Plums

Banana

Citron

Kiwi

Durian

Grapefruit

These are taken!

Guest Social Spastic

So each person has to pick a unique fruit; no fruit overlap? I would like to do this and I choose 'Durian'!

Yeah the hope is that there'll be no overlap, hence why I'm posting these lists of already claimed fruits. I'll add Durian to the list, and put you on the confirmed artists list too. Thanks!

I'm down forf... has anyone claimed "Grapefruit" yet? Links to my sounds below!

I'll PM you in one sec, thanks!

Updated fruit list:

Katniss

Acai/Noni

Plums

Banana

Citron

Kiwi

Durian

Grapefruit

These are taken!

and apple

Guest Forfy23

will any of us be getting a fruitbasket royalty for purchases of said music is sold :haha

i'd love to be part of this.

Certainly! Once all the artists are confirmed, and the cost of production is worked out, I'll let those who are on the comp know what they'll be getting per sale. I'll message you shortly with some info

Updated list of fruits taken:

Katniss

Acai/Noni

Plums

Banana

Citron

Kiwi

Durian

Grapefruit Lemon

Apple

Cucumber

Coconut

Dragon Fruit

15 artists have been confirmed for this, which means it's almost time to cutoff new entries. At this point I'm waiting to hear back from 5 more, and that will probably be that. However, if you're still interested, by all means get in contact with me, and if this one is full I can save a spot for the next volume for you. Thanks all!

If it's not the culinary definition of fruit then I would choose TOMATO ;], if culinary, then RHUBARB

Would be great fun to take part in this :}

Drop me a line if it's still possible to sign up.

Cheers

V.

culinarily speaking, yeah, I believe it is :]

anyways, if both tomato and rhubarb would prove to be invalid then I'll settle for kaki :]

Guest Forfy23

Thanks everyone. So far I have about 16-17 confirmed, waiting on a couple more to get back to me (though at this stage the late responders may have to be moved to the Vol. 2 compilation if there's no space on this one).

That also being said, I'm amazed that this thing has gotten so much response its already spilling into Vol. 2! Thanks everyone so much, you've really made me feel good about it all. I've contacted those who've expressed interest, and offered spots for Volume 2; and by all means, if you want to secure a place for the next compilation - you're more than welcome to give me a yell anytime. I'm keeping a list of those who express their interest first, and they'll be the first priority for the next volume.

So those few here who haven't replied to me regarding volume 1, please get back to me as soon as you can! Once those last few have confirmed, deadlines can be set, and more progress can happen. Thanks everyone!

Guest Forfy23

18 confirmed artists, waiting to hear from 2-3 more I think. Once those few have gotten back to me, we should have the deadlines ready to be set.

For those who have not claimed their fruit yet, here is the current list of taken fruits: Katniss, Acai/Noni, Plums, Banana, Citron, Kiwi, Durian, Grapefruit Lemon, Apple, Cucumber, Coconut, Dragon Fruit, Pomegranate, Guava, and Strawberry.

Thanks all!

Guest Forfy23

Sorry to double post, but here's an important update:

I have confirmation from 20 artists now, about 2-3 have not replied, so I'm going to have to either put them onto the next one if they're still keen, or leave them out if they're not. Sorry guys, but I needed replies days ago! Do get back to me to secure a spot on Vol. 2 though.

As there are 20 artists for this compilation, there may not be space to fit everyone on the release. However, I can't really work this out until I've gotten everyone's submissions. Once all 20 songs are done and ready, I'll be able to work out if everyone can fit. Worst case scenario, one or two may have to be moved to Vol. 2 to make room. Again, this can be sorted out when the time comes.

Katniss, Noni, Plums, Banana, Citron, Kiwi, Durian, Lemon, Apple, Cucumber, Coconut, Dragon Fruit, Pomegranate, Guava, Strawberry, and Watermelon are the current fruits taken. I believe that means 4 people have not chosen theirs yet. Please get back to me if you haven't.

Regarding deadlines; now that the artists are all confirmed, the deadlines can begin - those dreadful, dreadful things:

I'd like all submissions into me by mid-October at the latest. This will give you up to 2 months to get your track sorted out, and it will give me 2 months after that to finalise mixing, artwork, sales, and all the other things that come with it.

I'll be keeping this topic, and the others on the various other spots the compilation details are at, updated regularly when artists finish their pieces, and the general progress of the Compilations as a whole. Vol. 2 currently has 7 people lined up for it. If you want first priority, get in contact with me.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate the level of enthusiasm this compilation has brought, and how well it's been picked up (especially here at WATMM). Feel free to contact me anytime with queries, comments, and questions - I'll be happy to help out. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Forfy23

Mini-Update:

So far about 4 artists have finished/are nearing completion of their tracks. Just a reminder that the deadline is just over a month away now! Hope you're all getting excited like I am!

Thanks everyone, keep me informed~

You can take any track from my soundcloud you like and name it into any fruit you want/need, if you want.

Link is in my sig.

Guest Forfy23

You can take any track from my soundcloud you like and name it into any fruit you want/need, if you want.

Link is in my sig.

It doesn't really work that way. As I've said several times already, the compilation is full. You're more than welcome to put in interest for another volume by PMing me with details.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Forfy23

OK all, time for another update:

October is here now, which means it's almost time for the compilation deadline! However, due to quite a number of things coming up this month, I'm going to extend the deadline. The new deadline is November 1st. If you're having troubles, please get in contact with me!

I'm contacting everyone via PM/email too, just to make sure in case this message gets lost in the sea of WATMM posts!

Thanks again everyone, hope to hear your stuff soon.

Archived