IGNORED

Squarepusher - Red Bull Music Academy Interview

Joyrex

Wow his interviews usually get really rambly and pretentious, but this was pretty solid. Really enjoyed this one and made a couple notes on it. Thanks.

Copious amounts of Red Bull helped

Big Loada was his best work, what's wrong with wanting more of this quality? Apparently in some peoples minds it means using the same sounds and instruments present in Big Loada.

And what's the point of trying to be innovative when you're out ideas?

great interview! thanks

checking the vibert one as well now.. guys like these are goldmines wish they all did podcasts once in a while like dmx :)

you could boil down all these notes and their relationships into a mathematical description, but actually there’s always something beyond that. And the fascinating thing for me is the way these relationships act as routes to an emotional spectrum. That absolutely fascinates me, and that emotional spectrum, the way you link through to it, is always subtly changing. But the vocabulary, if you like, of the emotions is static. There’s no new feelings, but what fascinates me is that there are new routes to them, through music.

Damn, what a perfect ending to an interview. I'm always impressed by his eloquence when speaking about music. Somebody please make a book of Squarepusher quotes.

you could boil down all these notes and their relationships into a mathematical description, but actually there’s always something beyond that. And the fascinating thing for me is the way these relationships act as routes to an emotional spectrum. That absolutely fascinates me, and that emotional spectrum, the way you link through to it, is always subtly changing. But the vocabulary, if you like, of the emotions is static. There’s no new feelings, but what fascinates me is that there are new routes to them, through music.

Damn, what a perfect ending to an interview. I'm always impressed by his eloquence when speaking about music. Somebody please make a book of Squarepusher quotes.

The Squarepusher Manofesto - Extended Edition

Big Loada was his best work, what's wrong with wanting more of this quality? Apparently in some peoples minds it means using the same sounds and instruments present in Big Loada.

Hum... 4 me it's since "Hard Normal Daddy" until "Ultravisitor", his classic best works! After, it's according 2 the tastes of each! ;-)

Hum... 4 me it's since "Hard Normal Daddy" until "Ultravisitor", his classic best works! After, it's according 2 the tastes of each! ;-)

HND, Big Loada, FMWT and the early jungle EP's 4 me. Some tracks on the kitten album are also epic but so badly mixed!

Archived