IGNORED

depression

anonymstol

Guest viscosity

keyword. I think clinical or chronic Depression is what BCM and others are getting at here. That doesn't keep people from feeling depressed and having mood swings (I'm not talking about extreme mood swings over heavy drug use or teen angst). It's the frequency/length and severity of these episodes that makes it an illness. Although I tend to agree that almost all of the psychiatrists I've seen didn't given a moments hesitation to prescribe me any combination of mood stabilizers, antipsychotics, and antidepressants. That's generally why I avoid seeing psychiatrists these days. Seeing a therapist works for me. I think talking about issues, however normal or commonplace they may be, helps prevent problems from growing into bigger ones and is ahellofallot safer then trying to alter brain chemistry through strong medication. I think that should be a last resort. I'm not however comparing the seriousness of my problems with others. Somethings I can anticipate, such as having to find myself after college.. it's not the type of trigger that should put anyone over the edge.. being in a generally shitty mood is due to a combination of various factors, much of which I am responsible for, no doubt.. still, i'm entitled to complain a bit. Not like i'd expect anyone to really give two shits, most people are mainly concerned with themselves, or looking for something to banter about

the methods I've been talking about recently have been beneficial towards alleviating my own anxiety, healthy coping skills or not.. feeling depressed (not capitalized, clinically diagnosed, Depression) is just a side effect of certain day-to-day events and temporary life situations, not the end of the world

I feel depressed because i fooled myself with fantasies of being financially stable enough to travel the world and enjoy life, i'm 22 now and feel like i don't have a chance to travel the world nor enjoy life. I live in a shitty town that i'll probably be stuck the rest of my life because i was an idiot and made shit decisions concerning my studies. I don't have skills to find a decent job (my skills limit me to factory jobs) and my social life is next to none, so even if i wanted to go to a bar after my shit job and share a beer with friends i couldn't do that.

this is what i'm talking about - not that YO303 is after any medication or feels he needs to go to the doctor - but this is honestly the kind of thing that i have heard people say on here as supposed evidence of a mental disorder. what YO303 has written is not depression - it's just completely normal apathy about life, which everbody gets. i'm sure if he went to an unscrupulous doctor and said the above though, he'd likely be given some drugs rather than being told there is absolutely nothing wrong with you, go away and do some excersize and you'll feel right as rain...

great diagnosis. have you ever considered that all of these people may not be able to completely verbalize their symptoms?

WATMM: the one-stop shop for traditionalist armchair quacks.

have you ever considered you are hanging onto your diagnosis like a life-raft in a storm because it now defines you? try letting go and swimming for yourself - the water's lovely.

no, not really, but thanks again for jumping the gun on judgement. im doing especially well with my problems at the moment.

So, WATMM quacks. What would you recommend to an 11 year old kid that feels suicidal but is afraid to tell anyone? Right, he's just looking for attention. Wait...

You tell him that intense emotions are difficult to deal with, even for adults, but that you are willing to talk to him, that you will try to help, and that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Armchair quackery is pretty fun, who knew.

You tell him that intense emotions are difficult to deal with, even for adults, but that you are willing to talk to him, that you will try to help, and that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Armchair quackery is pretty fun, who knew.

and completely safe!

Word, in truth I don't even like kids and would probably fuck up trying to help him and end up inadvertently killing the smelly shrunken bastard instead. Then I'D have depression. So hell yeah, hollow advice is way easier.

I know that I just need to spend more time with friends, and that's a start. They're not really there for me, and I have a ridiculously hard time making new ones. I tried making friends at work, but ended up hooking up with this female co-worker who happens to be one of the employee benefits, if you catch my drift. The situation kind of blew up in my face, and I was really just looking for people to hang out with. I'm not going for the self pity angle here, I just want to know how others get on with this.

Whenever you are in any pain, mental or physical, it is because you did something wrong.

You deserve a punch in the stomach for telling such crap.

Edited by yanG

i'm expecting most of the people in this thread to out themselves as Scientologists at this point.

I'll cynically rebounce by expecting you to out yourself as a marketeer for a big pharma company.

Seriously though, what's the point of calling people with a different opinion Scientologists?

So, WATMM quacks. What would you recommend to an 11 year old kid that feels suicidal but is afraid to tell anyone? Right, he's just looking for attention. Wait...

MOW THAT LAWN, SON!

wrong person

i'm expecting most of the people in this thread to out themselves as Scientologists at this point.

I'll cynically rebounce by expecting you to out yourself as a marketeer for a big pharma company.

Seriously though, what's the point of calling people with a different opinion Scientologists?

Im just surprised at how many people take the suggestion that depression can be dealt with by "getting over it" at face value. Apologies if my exaggeration hurt anyone's feelings, but it's seriously a disturbing trend.

It bothers me more how many end up telling Borderline people to just "get over it". Or any mental disorder for that matter. "Hard love" can be useful when given by professional counselors or sometimes close family/friends, but those with no context making generalizations about how someone should just "get over it" is neither loving nor true.

HEY EVERYBODY EVERYBODY EVERYBODY CHILL! JUST CHILL ! WAIT ONE GOD DAM SECOND AND CHILLLL!!!!

Smoke some pot.

Smoke a bowl for the soul and let the rest flow yo!

Edited by ZiggomaticV17

Guest abusivegeorge

remember everything in the world is just an illusion

remember everything in the world is just an illusion

I seriously believe in that. I've believed in that since i was 13.

what does that mean?

it means that this life is just a virtual reality. and when i die it has only been 5 seconds of my real life and then i can just put some money in the virtual life machine again and live a new life.

This could well be the root of your depression.

Trust me, I'm a scientlologist.

Edited by abusivegeorge

Guest disparaissant

HEY EVERYBODY EVERYBODY EVERYBODY CHILL! JUST CHILL ! WAIT ONE GOD DAM SECOND AND CHILLLL!!!!

Smoke some pot.

I JUST SMOKED A BOWL AND I AM FREAKING OUT MAN OH GOD MY HEART IS STOPPING AND I THINK I'M GOING TO POOP MY PANTS

not really but the last time i smoked weed it was a bit like that

Smoke some pot.

I JUST SMOKED A BOWL AND I AM FREAKING OUT MAN OH GOD MY HEART IS STOPPING AND I THINK I'M GOING TO POOP MY PANTS

not really but the last time i smoked weed it was a bit like that

You either got some laced shit or just snicklefritz.

That is why if it were legal, it would be regulated and people would know exactly what they are getting. Unless you got a very trust worthy dealer (and even then) you can't be sure the Skywalker or OG kush you are getting are just that (respectively).

Then again, weed isn't for everybody. But if your down in the dumps, got 20 bucks to spare and never tried weed then give it a try :D

Guest disparaissant

That is why if it were legal, it would be regulated and people would know exactly what they are getting. Unless you got a very trust worthy dealer (and even then) you can't be sure the Skywalker or OG kush you are getting are just that (respectively).

Then again, weed isn't for everybody. But if your down in the dumps, got 20 bucks to spare and never tried weed then give it a try :D

nope, it was kind ass bud, everyone else smoking it was a-oh-kay high off their tits, but i was freaking out in the corner. i smoked a lot for about 6 years (as in, the longest i went without weed for 6 years was maybe two weeks) but the more i smoked the more it got to the point where it would just make me go inward, which then made me freak the fuck out. now i can't really touch the stuff. someone posted in the anxiety thread a study about how using weed a lot as a teen can lead to massive anxiety in one's late 20s and welp, hello late 20s, hello anxiety.

also the reason i smoked so much was self-medication and i'm frankly much better off now (on brain drugs and in therapy) than i was then.

Edited by disparaissant

someone posted in the anxiety thread a study about how using weed a lot as a teen can lead to massive anxiety in one's late 20s and welp, hello late 20s, hello anxiety.

yeah i got this, thought of it a bit like "the wall" in running and just smoked through it

nope, it was kind ass bud, everyone else smoking it was a-oh-kay high off their tits, but i was freaking out in the corner. i smoked a lot for about 6 years (as in, the longest i went without weed for 6 years was maybe two weeks) but the more i smoked the more it got to the point where it would just make me go inward, which then made me freak the fuck out. now i can't really touch the stuff. someone posted in the anxiety thread a study about how using weed a lot as a teen can lead to massive anxiety in one's late 20s and welp, hello late 20s, hello anxiety.

also the reason i smoked so much was self-medication and i'm frankly much better off now (on brain drugs and in therapy) than i was then.

To much of anything is bad no doubt. I never said abuse the stuff.

Also I might be better off cause I don't have depression but I still smoke weed like every day. But I also never did it in my teens. I'm starting out in my 20s. Now 21...

If you are a teen and are depressed well as stated on here that is just teen stuff. I wouldn't tell anyone to medicate that with anything other than growing some balls or if your chick some tits I guess. That's what I did shit.

But if you want to try and obtain some real answers and if you are really down under. I recommend

THE SAVIOURS OF GOD Spiritual Exercises

by Nikos Kazantakis.

Its short, really deep but perfect for people in there 20's or late teens. Its really deep though so even though its a short book detailing what I'd call the proper mentality on life you might have to re-read it a few times to grasp what he is talking about.

Best of all here it is. http://www.angel.net...c/askitiki.html The title in Greek (Original) is Askitiki)

Its probably even better for those individuals who don't want to believe in all the religious mumbo jumbo to feel good. The guy ended up being excommunicated for one of his earlier books and on his tomb stone he wrote "I hope for nothing, I fear nothing, I am free".

I understand depression can stem from hormones/chemical imbalances but if your nerves are just firing in the wrong places try to set them on the right path and just read that shit.

Edited by ZiggomaticV17