IGNORED

depression

anonymstol

I haven't been making any music for about 6 months.

your music's awesome dude! hope you make some headway with it before too long, i need some new sint!

Thanks for the kind words man :) Won't be long now I feel.

he doesn't have to go to work.

That's totally going to work! What a great idea.

yeah he won't have to bath or go outside much either,

couple of months of that always sorts you out

• 4 months later...
Guest homo detritus

Escitalopram Actavis. After 5 weeks or so this has taken effect and is now working wonders for me.

I "waste" my money on gypsies, I join WATMM (been lurking here for a year), I cry, old music is new music.

Anyways, now we will se about this lifestuff.

:facepalm:

My stomach is a bit funky though, also I barely sleep.

Advise?

I will talk to my doctor asap, but I know you people to be the shit, so..

Edited by homo detritus

The past few months have been great, i decided to change my life completely. First i stopped abusing amphetamines, then decided to go to the gym and for my next life changing project i decided to eat healthy, i bought a juicer and will start buying fruits and vegetables and just trying to put good shit in my body. I've never been this excited about something in my life, for the first time in a long time i'm seeing a huge motivation boost, hopefully step by step i'll get the motivation/energy necessary to do productive stuff, maybe make some music, stuff i can be proud of, stuff that will make me feel like i havent wasted the day.

I've been down for so long this boost is actually giving me hope that the future is bright.

I hope you all find happiness.

Congrats Deer. Good stuff.

Yeah I know that feeling of wasting the day. Some days I don't work or make music or practice drums/guitar and sometimes it feels like a vacation and sometimes it feels like I've failed myself.

Edited by LimpyLoo

Good stuff deer. If your confidence wavers don't worry, it's natural. Now you know what feeling really good is like.

Awesome to hear Deer. I need to start biking again, been neglecting it lately because of the colder temps. When I was eating healthy AND exercising last summer I was in my most energetic zone in some time and felt awesome. Getting outside and pushing yourself to accomplish something everyday is important as it compounds the energy and grows. The reverse is also true, so the longer I procrastinate the more annoying and tedious it is to get into it later.

getting accepted into a program has done wonders for my self-confidence...and apparently the ladies have been taking a liking to me...i feel like im one of those guys that starts out butt ugly at 18, and then is a middle-aged knockout at 45.....only a decade or so more to go...

edit: I meant to add, I think the physical attractiveness might be related to the constant jogging. Hopefully I won't injure myself any time soon, and I don't really see any more pronounced physical changes in my body (body fat looks about the same, same amount of definition, etc.). But it's gotta be doing something good for my health, endorphins, sleep patterns, all that good stuff.

Now if only I could quit my one indulgence day of two-four cigarettes and beers, I'd be set.

Edited by Smettingham Rutherford IV

• 10 months later...

The past few months have been great, i decided to change my life completely. First i stopped abusing amphetamines, then decided to go to the gym and for my next life changing project i decided to eat healthy, i bought a juicer and will start buying fruits and vegetables and just trying to put good shit in my body. I've never been this excited about something in my life, for the first time in a long time i'm seeing a huge motivation boost, hopefully step by step i'll get the motivation/energy necessary to do productive stuff, maybe make some music, stuff i can be proud of, stuff that will make me feel like i havent wasted the day.

I've been down for so long this boost is actually giving me hope that the future is bright.

I hope you all find happiness.

holy shit, that was 7 months ago, what happened to me, things got so much worse since that bit of optimism.

Im experiencing one of those walking depression things, i could deal with it fine but today is the first day where i feel im on the brink, this is starting to feel like a nightmare.

i dont know what the next step is, but my head isnt right, its full of fog and just bleakness, and i dont have any drugs/alcohol to deal with it (the wrong way), so its just sober me against this.

any advice, mmm?????

Edited by Deer

Advice, yep. See what you get on this (though obviously keep such a personal thing private !) - http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/depression.aspx

And act on what it says. It'll really help man

When your leg, or stomach etc. feels a bit wonky you go to your doctor. If your mind feels a bit wonky you do exactly the same thing.

see a shrink if possible, consider trying a med or two...good luck...if you've tried exercise, eating right, talking to friends and family, and it hasn't worked, then sometimes the best option is getting on medication. Side effects can suck - I gained weight that I never got rid of subsequently - but it can be better than the alternative.

(though obviously keep such a personal thing private !) - http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/depression.aspx

I assume you just mean the results to that link, although I hardly see how some number for depression is any more personal than what Deer already just said. I'd say the opposite is generally true and having some IRL people to confide in is great.

Lately I've had a huge amount of trouble concentrating and doing homework and shit. This isn't that unusual in it of itself, just the severity of it. I've felt dissociated for about two months now, which is unfortunate since I was doing well for about 6 months before this. Gonna go back to my counselor soon.

Just a reminder to anyone experiencing suicidal thoughts, yes, your life is worth something. There are resources available for this sort of thing. http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ is a good place if you live in the US, for other areas, check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines .

Edited by gmanyo

@Deer ( and everyone else for that matter) :

yeah like lumpenprol said, exercise, eating/drinking well, friends, family if that doesn't work you may need to see someone. I'd start by talking with friends and family if you haven't already. Do stuff that is easy on the brain, and fun, don't feel guilty, cause you probably can't do many productive things right now anyway. I've found that distraction really helps, I needed to get away from bad thoughts that were really counterproductive and almost self destructive.

Visit friends and family everyday, so you have people to talk to, telling them about your burden is the most important thing. (Important: go to people who are patient, the ones that will (try and) understand you) But also talk about other stuff, and again, do fun things. If I don't talk to someone everyday I go nuts, I shutdown and it gets harder to get out of bed.

Also, pay attention to the things surrounding you. Literally. Try to stop the train of thoughts and when you walk outside really focus your mind and attention "outward" on the simple things. MUCH easier said than done, but you have to sort of watch yourself to not get carried away and get lost in your own head. I'm still not very good at this, but yeah you have to check on yourself every few minutes (or seconds even) I guess. Guess this is also sort of an aspect of mindfullness.

Edited by Berk

Although I agree that talking to people can be really helpful, the thing about talking to your family can be a really painful tip because the family situation can be a real toxic one and completely opposite to being helpful. So being in a depression and getting tips about talking to your family could create a guilt trip ( the person might believe he/shes responsible for the toxic situation, for instance) or worse.

I'm happy for you people who've grown up in supportive families and all, but that's not something which you should take for granted. Families can be a real source of pain.

Apart from that: Good luck Deer. There's always a bunch of people who can and will listen. Whether in real life (assuming) or online.

My trip tip: try to get that feeling you had when you wrote the stuff about everything working out so well (see it, feel it, breathe like it, talk like it, get back into that posture...anything). I know what you've said about your current situation which completely sucks. And it's completely understandable that you feel the way you do right now. But as a form of exercise, you could try to get back in that positive mental state. It wont change your actual situation, but it can change your outlook on life. Regaining hope is crucial at this point. And hope is a mental state.

One of the things that was an important lesson for me is the saying that a depression is not a thing which comes to you, but something you go to.

Edited by goDel

• 2 months later...
Guest fiznuthian

Sorry to bump this thread but does anyone have any experience taking Paxil?

I have pains in my body (knees, arms, calves, neck, etc) and a weird feeling in my throat. After a lot of talk with my doctor and his med students they were quite puzzled and considered the possibility i'm suffering psychosomatic pain. In an attempt to test the theory they're prescribing me Paxil to try and see if I respond to it.

Anyone have any advice? Despite the pains is this a road I should be going down? Reading around the internet makes SSRI's sound like crazy shit what with brain zaps, dizzyness that lasts for days, and nearly disabled libido..

They recently put me on an ssri (zoloft) and i can say the dizziness and libido alterations are definitely noticeable.

Guest fiznuthian

They recently put me on an ssri (zoloft) and i can say the dizziness and libido alterations are definitely noticeable.

Shit.. :dry:

Thinking about waiting until more lab results come in.. Not so sure I really need a drug for depression/anxiety and would rather spare myself the suffering of having to come off the damn things.