IGNORED

Recommend me some Rhythm and Sound releases

chassis

Hey, didn't the See Mi Yah have a basic channel remix?

edit: the remix comp that is

As far as I remember, yes. But overall the compilation is not worth wasting money on.

I've only heard "With The Artists" but it's probably one of my favourite albums (ever). "I'm The King" is so fucking good.

Yes - and just get these four compilations:

Rhythm & Sound

With Artists

The Versions <- dub versions of "With Artists"... plus, I like this one better than "With Artists"

See Mi Yah

Don't bother getting the See Mi Yah remix compilation.

EDIT: But if I was to recommend you ONE release I would go for "The Versions"

Why no Showcase compilation? It's the most early stuff and some of the best. Certainly better than See Mi Yah. Also Main Street records from Round Three to the last Round Five are pure Rhythm & Sound sound at best too.

Cannot go wrong with the S/T - scientists of sound mathematically putting it down. Imprint and Roll Off FTW.

I've only heard "With The Artists" but it's probably one of my favourite albums (ever). "I'm The King" is so fucking good.

Such an amazing opener.

Check out Intrusion's RA podcast if you haven't already - he layers this track over a Maurizio beat in a way that can only be described as brilliant.

(Rest of mix is pretty awesome too)

• 7 months later...

thx 2 bob dob 4 heads up re: RA153 Intrusion mix; it smoothe as silk, irie lion blend & totally ate up ystrdy inna bass, ie; got no work dun, um-ah whoopsie daisy lol.

just love this urban soul dub music made 4 mixes, settin’ down natural rhythms, drifting washy hisses, syncopated delays & heartfelt, non-cheesy vocals.

new Mark Ernestus colab 12”: http://hardwax.com/67812/mark-ernestus-meets-ben-zabo/wari-wo-dubwise/

The recent one he did vs. Konono #1, 'Masikulu Dub' sure is sum heavy duty tribal, bpm up-shifting chronic.

Archived