IGNORED

Psychedelics

mentalextension

Most normal job urine tests are the cheapest shit available, and can be passed relatively easy. I always just take one of those flush thingies you get at the supplement store. My pee is blue, but they've never said anything so.

But in reality, don't work somewhere that thinks they can have ownership over your body to the point that they will test for what is inside of it.

(also they don't pay you on the weekends so fuck them)

Ya, im not really concerned for the future tho because i honestly hate weed, i hate how it makes me feel and that edible I took was the only THC I've in like a year. It just would have been really embarrassing to have it come up positive because that isn't a good representation of who i really am.

• 6 months later...

So I did one hit of really good LSD yesterday and I had a strange experience, I want to see if any of you have had this sensation. I was in a fairly large group, 7 people, and the dynamic would shift pretty frequently, people would wander off now and then but we stayed as a group for 90 percent of the trip. 

I had a weird sensation that there was an 8th "mystery" person in the group that I couldn't actually see. Like, they were right behind my shoulder. I never saw this person, but instead just felt their presence. It didn't really freak me out but I kept looking for this person. This might have been a side effect from the small moments when the group wasn't whole and I would sort of keep my eye on everyone, idk. 

Anyways, just wanted to see if I wasn't the only one who has felt that. I don't want to call that extra person "god" or "jesus" or anything spiritual but I'm still trying to work out who that person could have metaphorically been. 

So I did one hit of really good LSD yesterday and I had a strange experience, I want to see if any of you have had this sensation. I was in a fairly large group, 7 people, and the dynamic would shift pretty frequently, people would wander off now and then but we stayed as a group for 90 percent of the trip. 

I had a weird sensation that there was an 8th "mystery" person in the group that I couldn't actually see. Like, they were right behind my shoulder. I never saw this person, but instead just felt their presence. It didn't really freak me out but I kept looking for this person. This might have been a side effect from the small moments when the group wasn't whole and I would sort of keep my eye on everyone, idk. 

Anyways, just wanted to see if I wasn't the only one who has felt that. I don't want to call that extra person "god" or "jesus" or anything spiritual but I'm still trying to work out who that person could have metaphorically been. 

I get that feeling when I'm totally sober. I kind of attribute the feeling to the same feeling as thinking it's a Thursday when it's actually a Wednesday.

Could be:

-Your consciousness looking at yourself in 3rd person, and then the internal body-consciousness being aware that you are looking at yourself but unaware that it is you.

-Related to the above- someone else in the group utilizing external consciousness to look into the group.

-Random entity, cuz there are tons out there just chillin'.

-Imagination.

Here are my (completely oblique) thoughts:

A lot of non-western cultures throughout history did not make the 'person'/'non-person' distinction that we do today. (And y'all prolly know how I feel about how categories/language limit our conceptual thinking...)

(e.g.) Nature, food, the lake, the dude standing next to you, your pain, society, the universe/cosmos, the childhood advice of your (now-dead) father echoing in your memory, the fickle weather, etc etc: these things all shared the same status of 'things you stand in relation to that affect your well-being'. (and IMO that's a much more useful definition of 'person' than 'a literal human being'.)

Okay, so, westerners look at that and think it's superstitious and borderline-schizophrenic, because hey those things aren't literal flesh-and-blood human beings (but these cultures talk and act like they are), so obviously these people are making an error in trying to describe the world, and therefor they're thinking/acting superstitiously...

So anyway I thought that perspective might be useful for thinking about such a 'mystery person'...

Cheers

Edited by LimpyLoo
  • Like 1

Shadow people are a really common phenom with lsd. In most of my trips I would get the sense of extra beings in the room, passing by in my periphery, from time to time.

Last time I did LSD I watched my friend's cat eat a leaf off of a fake plant and I thought it was unbelievably profound.

I also listened to this track and thought it was an extension of the cat's soul. The cat represented in sound. And that when the song was playing, the cat was grateful for me meeting it halfway. Like, "thanks human, you get it, man. You understand my hopes and fears, watching people outside the window all day."

• Like 2

High doses of synthetic cannabinoids are definitely something special if combined with a low dose of a classic psychedelic and maybe some weed. Very very trippy and slightly dissociative. Immense accoustic hallucinations and body sensations. Be careful not to overdose though as this can be nasty as fuck

• 6 years later...

At-home ketamine therapy with amazing outcomes.

Suicide is a leading cause of death for Americans between the ages of 20 and 60. Mindbloom can bring hope to those who’ve lived with thoughts of self-harm and suicide.

https://www.mindbloom.com/

react_confused.png

On 1/18/2017 at 10:13 PM, Danny O Flannagin said:

For me it’s often more about resolving deep rooted feelings than the trip itself. Basically all you see is just stuff that is going on in your mind already but not filtered away

the shadow people thing was more a side note a friend told me about after speed fades of but I could see it happening on lsd as well

Edited by o00o

• 8 months later...

So I've been microdosing mushrooms for the past 4 days (today day 5) and it is quite nice. I bought the capsules a few months ago but was reluctant to start since I've had bad trips in the past - (I've had very enjoyable trips as well though) - and my head is full of garbage these days so it didn't seem like a good risk to potentially find myself deeper in the recesses of that shit. 

But it has been a good time to try it because I am working less and have more time to get out and wander around. The best thing to do is to just get out and enjoy the scenery and colours and listen to tunes. I've been augmenting it with weed as well. The microdose is, of course, a microdose so I'm not tripping out or anything. But it's not nothing either. Some nice mushroomy elements - very very mild visuals, possibly some slight colour enhancement (hard to tell since it's a beautiful time of year already), and most importantly a deeper understanding of the new Ae live sets :emotawesomepm9:

Hard to tell if it's doing anything for my mood or mental health overall. My problems with that stuff run deep and it is all complicated by longterm medications, persistent unhealthy lifestyle habits and whatnot, so I'm not naively expecting this to overhaul my mental health or cure my depression/mood instability/anger issues for good or anything like that. But I'm dipping my toe in. I'm not doing this in a specifically controlled way, besides choosing to take one capsule every day in succession vs taking them occasionally. I might skip one on wednesday but generally I aim to take one per day (afternoon) until all 14 that I bought are gone.

:datboi:

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

So I've been microdosing mushrooms for the past 4 days (today day 5) and it is quite nice. I bought the capsules a few months ago but was reluctant to start since I've had bad trips in the past - (I've had very enjoyable trips as well though) - and my head is full of garbage these days so it didn't seem like a good risk to potentially find myself deeper in the recesses of that shit. 

But it has been a good time to try it because I am working less and have more time to get out and wander around. The best thing to do is to just get out and enjoy the scenery and colours and listen to tunes. I've been augmenting it with weed as well. The microdose is, of course, a microdose so I'm not tripping out or anything. But it's not nothing either. Some nice mushroomy elements - very very mild visuals, possibly some slight colour enhancement (hard to tell since it's a beautiful time of year already), and most importantly a deeper understanding of the new Ae live sets :emotawesomepm9:

Hard to tell if it's doing anything for my mood or mental health overall. My problems with that stuff run deep and it is all complicated by longterm medications, persistent unhealthy lifestyle habits and whatnot, so I'm not naively expecting this to overhaul my mental health or cure my depression/mood instability/anger issues for good or anything like that. But I'm dipping my toe in. I'm not doing this in a specifically controlled way, besides choosing to take one capsule every day in succession vs taking them occasionally. I might skip one on wednesday but generally I aim to take one per day (afternoon) until all 14 that I bought are gone.

:datboi:

I’m curious if you or anyone else has kids. I know tech bros etc microdose at the office all the time but I’m curious what the experience of parenting is like with microdosing. I have a friend who is a stay-home dad and he tells me he loves to get stoned and play with his kid. As a past-life stoner / psychedelic warrior, I would be a bit anxious about not being alert, so I wouldn’t smoke out while watching my kid but I’ve never microdosed so I don’t know the parameters, but I’m curious. I certainly wouldn’t want to trip balls with my kid, but I know it’s probably not the same. 

3 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I’m curious if you or anyone else has kids. I know tech bros etc microdose at the office all the time but I’m curious what the experience of parenting is like with microdosing. I have a friend who is a stay-home dad and he tells me he loves to get stoned and play with his kid. As a past-life stoner / psychedelic warrior, I would be a bit anxious about not being alert, so I wouldn’t smoke out while watching my kid but I’ve never microdosed so I don’t know the parameters, but I’m curious. I certainly wouldn’t want to trip balls with my kid, but I know it’s probably not the same. 

No kids here so I can't offer much insight on that. Probably better safe than sorry. But if you're curious about microdosing, try it sometime away from your kid and see how you respond to it, then decide from there. So far I've found the effects sort of creep, I might not feel high for awhile and then something trippy will happen again. It's sort of like weed edibles that way - kinda inconsistent and hard to track. Mind you I've also been mixing mine with weed as well, so that makes it a little harder to distinguish specific effects.

As for parameters, fwiw the capsules I picked up are 150mg Golden Teachers (8 pack) and 200mg Golden Teachers/150mg Lion's Mane/50mg Ashwagandha (6 pack). Those other 2 ingredients are for added (alleged) health benefits to augment the overall positive effects of the dose. These were the "medium" dose of each product, which seemed like a reasonable way to go.

Lol @ tech bros microdosing at the office.

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 1