IGNORED

Kettel & Secede - When Can

Redruth

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Frankie5fingers

just gave it a listen. its ok, not bad. but imo this is nothing compared to Myam James 2. i don't want to say more cause i love Kettel and i might need to listen to this a couple more times to make my full judgment.

I have to agree that I think I prefer Kettel's solo work. I find this album a bit too passive so far. Although very nice sounding, it doesn't grab my attention. Hopefully it will grow on me.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a bad release, but I can't help thinking the production is a bit over the top, every other bar has to have some new midi-ish instrument or sound thrown in. Jew's harp? Nose flute? Enigma-esque monk chanting? Zither solo? Careless whisper saxophone? It's like they're seeing if they can release an album featuring EVERY instrument invented. I'd prefer it if they scaled it back a bit.

Kettel still has awesome melodic chops it must be said, but whoever said it sounds like rpg music got it spot on, half the tracks make me feel like I should be running round a castle looking for pieces of an enchanted sword or something.

Guest murphythecat8

its still amazingly good musically. I dont care if someone uses a toothpick to create music. Do you really listen to the musical content or just stops right when you here the gregorian chants?

im a bit incomprehensive toward people not liking this. musically, this is so interesting. musically, music, not sounds. kettel uses sounds to create music, not idm sounds that is cool, but each there own

Guest murphythecat8

anyone noticed how fast the record seem to go. I mean, it feels like the album last for like 25 minutes. This is a weird thing from this record, its like the time just dissapear.

after a month now, I still love this record and I will be listening to it for a long time. no a groundbreaking stuff however but its so soothing, so elaxing. totally psychadelic when you listen to it high or on shrooms. its the best record from kettel to listen when shrooming: total experience. its like it carress my body. fuck yeah!

jahe and deliria moon are my favorite sequence. I really like the ambient songs in there. jahe is the best song in the record for me. Jahe is a special thing, I never remember it actually and its always a discovery, bit like autechre.

but honestly, the whole record is so good all the time that its hard to pinpoint favorite and I wouldnt want to be without any songs.

what are your favorite songs guys?

Hey mate, here's the thing, some people will have different opinions.

I really like Kettel but this doesn't grab me as much as his solo stuff.

For me, it's a "nice" album. Most tracks would work really well as a soundtrack to something else, be it something visual (film, TV) or a video game.

I just don't find the album engaging at all. I also think the Secede album I've heard is better than this as well.

• 5 weeks later...
anyone noticed how fast the record seem to go. I mean, it feels like the album last for like 25 minutes. This is a weird thing from this record, its like the time just dissapear.

Yes, it really does, doesn't it? I noticed this yet again the other day when trying to finish up my review of it. Can't explain quite why it is, other than it's just that good. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought this last night - My word what a sweet little album. I bet if I'd picked this up about 10 years ago (and was thus a time traveller) I would've dismissed this as saccharine tripe (I was on a Zan Lyons - everything needs to be crunchy - vibe back then), but yeah it just makes me smile at how lovely it all is.

• 2 months later...

Archived