Oct 29, 2012 - Leisure System Records - LSR004

A1. In Her City
A2. Sin Love With You
B1. Meu
B2. Lock Lock Key Key

http://soundcloud.com/leisuresystem/jets-locklockkey

Leisure System; the collective, label and 4-year long famed Berghain party is back with a very special fourth addition to its catalogue: the inaugural release from JETS - a project which pairs two of dance music’s most eccentric and distinctive personalities, Jimmy Edgar and Travis Stewart (aka Machine Drum).

Having been friends for over 12 years, it was inevitable that a project like this would finally come into being. After living in New York, touring Japan together and now taking full time residency in Berlin, the self-titled EP marks the culmination of roughly four years of staggered yet perpetual collaboration between the duo. Taking recognisable elements of electronic dance music and subtly transforming them into something altogether new, the result is more than the sum of its parts.

The alignment of both celebrated producers’ music as one creates something altogether new and yet, at the same time, ultimately familiar. Weaving its way intricately into the multi-textured fabric of sounds is the undeniable presence of Edgar’s electro-funk soul whilst Machinedrum’s idiosyncratic syncopated rhythms and stuttered drum clacks jack and roughen the edges.

In a recent interview with FACT magazine (http://www.factmag.c...e-project-jets/), the pair admitted that on this EP, “there’s a sense of where we’ve been, what we’ve come to, and everything in between.” Be part of the journey.

Very promising

Indeed, it'll be interesting to hear how their respective sounds gel together.

They might want to start thinking about a new project name though, cuz the NFL is gonna go upside their heads with a cease & desist

• 1 month later...

Leisure System; the collective, label and 4-year long famed Berghain party is back with a very special fourth addition to its catalogue: the inaugural release from JETS - a project which pairs two of dance music’s most eccentric and distinctive personalities, Jimmy Edgar and Travis Stewart (aka Machine Drum).

Having been friends for over 12 years, it was inevitable that a project like this would finally come into being. After living in New York, touring Japan together and now taking full time residency in Berlin, the self-titled EP marks the culmination of roughly four years of staggered yet perpetual collaboration between the duo. Taking recognisable elements of electronic dance music and subtly transforming them into something altogether new, the result is more than the sum of its parts.

The alignment of both celebrated producers’ music as one creates something altogether new and yet, at the same time, ultimately familiar. Weaving its way intricately into the multi-textured fabric of sounds is the undeniable presence of Edgar’s electro-funk soul whilst Machinedrum’s idiosyncratic syncopated rhythms and stuttered drum clacks jack and roughen the edges.

In a recent interview with FACT magazine (http://www.factmag.com/2012/08/19/jimmy-edgar-and-machinedrum-lift-the-lid-on-their-new-collaborative-project-jets/), the pair admitted that on this EP, “there’s a sense of where we’ve been, what we’ve come to, and everything in between.” Be part of the journey.

That clap sounds soo good! Funky stuff. Otherwise reminds me of jackson and his computer band. And that was what, 7 years ago? IDM is dead for sure, at least the innovation factor that created the genre in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just for the record we are not retarded - I was referring to the link in the original post that has this picture:

machinedrum-edgar-jets-8.18.2012.jpg

Dunno if it was the two of them or factmag that made the pic, but that logo belongs to a team of the same name and the nfl are notoriously litigious. Now U know the deal 4 real :cisfor:

It's a decent enough release although I wish it was more additive and a better meld of their respective styles - on pretty much every track you can pick out who's doing what.

Just for the record we are not retarded - I was referring to the link in the original post that has this picture:

machinedrum-edgar-jets-8.18.2012.jpg

Dunno if it was the two of them or factmag that made the pic, but that logo belongs to a team of the same name and the nfl are notoriously litigious. Now U know the deal 4 real :cisfor:

It's a decent enough release although I wish it was more additive and a better meld of their respective styles - on pretty much every track you can pick out who's doing what.

Brilliant picture...

Did someone watch the boiler room yesterday? Jimmy was very unhappy, I got the feeling Machinedrum did everything on his MPC. Weird mixture of Jimmy-IDM and Machinedrums hard-hitting Trap / Juke / Jungle-stuff. Didn't go well if you ask me.

Archived