Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Autechre

Chiastic Slide
maybe not underrated on watmm, but by the masses

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 Marked x 0ne

Marked x 0ne

1000 Club

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  • 23 topics
  • Joined 13-February 09

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:34 AM

I listened to this yesterday and commented to bitroast "how high do you think they were when they made Recury?". That whole repetitive bit in the middle just sounds like they left the machines running and zoned out to it

so true.  pretty psychadelic track.

it doesnt change much, yet there is so much detail in that beat, that you can get lost in it for almost 10 minutes and still feel like there are new sounds to hear.

Edited by Marked x 0ne, 07 December 2014 - 12:35 AM.

#102 Mesh Gear Fox

Mesh Gear Fox

not even going to read the thread lmao but check this out →

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,543 posts
  • 145 topics
  • Joined 17-February 09
  • PSN:Grill_Vogel

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:44 AM

Surprised people aren't giving Hub more love. It's got some very cool textures and melodies going on!

Hub is up there with Recury as well. Love it. Cipater too. Those three tracks are from another world.
my thing is mainly that hub goes on for too long. the sound design in it is unreal, though

my thing about calbruc is that the loop is very cool but again goes on too long before other stuff comes in. still a great track.

#103 thehauntingsoul

thehauntingsoul

Cardboard and duct tape

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,161 posts
  • 207 topics
  • Joined 16-April 08
  • XBOX360:TheHauntingSoul

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:07 PM

Am I the only one who gets a devil may cry 1 vibe from Hub? The distorted and muffled carnival music type sounds that fade in from time to time just sound exactly like some of the sounds from dmc.

#104 Zeffolia

Zeffolia

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • 106 topics
  • Joined 25-October 10

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:21 PM

Chiastic is amazing but I wouldn't say it's even in my top 5 ae.  Everything after it is just too good

By music in general standards it's a 10/10 hands down

By ae standards it's a 6/10 in my book

Edited by Zeffolia, 07 December 2014 - 10:21 PM.

#105 Tricone RC

Tricone RC

Lord Mayor's Croupier

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • 15 topics
  • Joined 24-September 14

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:26 AM

Cipater's gradual mutation into its second phase 

The first time I heard Chiastic it was on a scratched-to-fuck CDR copy that a schoolmate lent me. The disc played fine mostly, but would skip to shit for about a minute in the middle of Cipater, right where the transition is. So for years the Cipater transition was a mystery to me and I desperately wanted to know how it happened. Then eventually I bought a proper copy, and it basically sounded the same as the skipping CD lawl

#106 danshoebridge

danshoebridge

Recently Joined

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • 20 topics
  • Joined 20-October 10

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:02 PM

Still unbeaten as my favourite autechre album - I think it not only changed how I listen to music, but also changed how i think, just a little bit.

Not sure my girlfriend was too impressed when i played the whole album extra-loud yesterday morning though - another ten or so playthroughs will win her round I reckon.

#107 Sam Schofield

Sam Schofield

• Knob Twiddlers
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • 2 topics
  • Joined 13-November 16
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/sam-schofield-14

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:29 AM

yeah its amazing, i think it needs ten or more playthoughs for everyone tho. The songs are just so immersive, always thought of this as a purely experiment based album, and it is, just in the best possible way. LP5 5 is great and carries on the sound design trajectory. But this album man, its just a fucking pinpoint.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Autechre