IGNORED

Chiastic Slide

splesh

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I mean literally it just means crossfader. Not the actual physical component, though, but what it represents in the abstract.

I think Recury (Track 7) serves as a good example, in the way loops are introduced as transitions.

Yeah, I mean literally it just means crossfader. Not the actual physical component, though, but what it represents in the abstract.

I think Recury (Track 7) serves as a good example, in the way loops are introduced as transitions.

I think the idea goes a lot deeper than just introducing loops though. For example, you could think of all electrical audio signals as continuously crossfading between minimum and maximum values. It could also be a metaphor for obscuring things from view until the appropriate moment and context arise.

Also, based on some jams I had recently, they seem to have used crossfaders with LFOs, at least on Cipater.

I remember pirating this album when it was released because Trent Reznor thought it was too silly for Nothing Records in the U.S. The thought of him listening to it always gives me a good laugh. I love this album and must confess myself guilty for blasting Tewe in my car and acting like a rapper.

I wonder whether they wanted to end the 2LP version in a locked groove and Warp wouldn't let them. Is that a rude thing to say? I always thought that ending would make an awesome loop rather than the end fadeout, which is probably the cheesiest part of an otherwise awesome record.

• 3 months later...
TEWE

fuck. yes.

This track alone for me incorporates alot of elements that just hang in balance with each other perfectly. I love the synths murmuring in the background, the little nuances latched onto the main beat and the cold-alien like feel to it all. It's been on heavy repeat.

The LP till seems fairly priced too, definitely gonna make the purchase at the end of the month.

I bought this album as my birthday present to myself in 97, along with a 10-strip of acid. Ate the acid with my brother & listened to the album all night on repeat. Even though he's not an electronic music fan, he was into it. The LSD was really good and I was seeing a Peter Chung-esque future city unfold in response to the music. Still my favourite AE album, by far. Oh, and

TEWE

!

Great album... Love the cat rubbing against the mic at the end of Tewe!

lol, yeah it does sound like a cat purring.

one of the highlights of the album for sure. It's a rare sound for autechre, but still fits perfectly in.

why need drugs when the album is so good? as if the album isn't good enough without it.

Of course you don't need drugs, or anything else.

I can only recall 2 or 3 times I've combined some substance with Ae. I've almost always listened to them with a clear head, and they still blow my mind. I can still think fondly upon what it would be like to hear Ae on acid.

I'd see it less as a drug improving upon Autechre, and more like Autechre improving the drug experience.

why need drugs when the album is so good? as if the album isn't good enough without it.

I can only recall 2 or 3 times I've combined some substance with Ae. I've almost always listened to them with a clear head, and they still blow my mind. I can still think fondly upon what it would be like to hear Ae on acid.

I'd see it less as a drug improving upon Autechre, and more like Autechre improving the drug experience.

Well said! The album definitely improved the acid, and not vice versa. To put it another way, it's been 12 years since I took acid, and I still listen to Autechre every week.

Well said! The album definitely improved the acid, and not vice versa. To put it another way, it's been 12 years since I took acid, and I still listen to Autechre every week.

ok. so you don't really need drugs to enjoy some ae, but the other way around, which proves my point drugs are bad

Archived