IGNORED

Zero Theorem - Terry Gilliam's next film

Rubin Farr

i was thoroughly entertained by fear and loathing in las vegas, but i was not truly 'moved' by it; as was the case with many of his masterworks.

It's difficult to connect with, and has such a frantic, freewheeling vibe that it's hard to assimilate without a few viewings. But the last time I watched it, I couldn't believe just how much effort Benicio Del Toro put into that performance. It's like... awe inspiring how manic depressive and maniacal he is. All these little nuances in his facial expressions as he goes through 100 different emotions in 10 seconds. It's like an acting decathlon.

Hmm yeah 12 Monkeys was especially good, however Tideland is also very good and I felt much more personal and intense.

I love the steam punk influences in Tideland, he had no budget, but was still able to infuse it with enough Gillianism to make it his own.

Hmm yeah 12 Monkeys was especially good, however Tideland is also very good and I felt much more personal and intense.

I love the steam punk influences in Tideland, he had no budget, but was still able to infuse it with enough Gillianism to make it his own.

Yeah totally. This film is so deep too. Somehow he manages to make a really unpleasant premise completely magical and whimsical. Genius.

"As her father slowly begins to decompose, Jeliza-Rose doesn't readily acknowledge his death because she has grown accustomed to him being unconscious for long periods at a time. Instead, she retreats deeper and deeper into her own mind, exploring the tall grass around the farmhouse, relying on her doll heads for friendship as an unconscious way of keeping herself from feeling too lonely and afraid."

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reading through this thread reminded me how good Gilliam is. I damn hope he gets it right on this new one.

No Fisher King love up in dis bitch?

I had a hankering to rewatch it yesterday

• 1 month later...

Archived