IGNORED

god damnit

anonymstol

Keep a tape recorder on your bed side table.

Instant access

Profit

Edit: I too have never dreamt of music. But i never really remembered my dreams until a month or two ago.

I think the problem with this is that there's a mental context that seems to permeate everything in dreams

ever had a fucking frightening dream that was actually mundane when put into words but FELT FUCKING EVIL in the dream?

I suspect a lot of music is like that. There's this feeling of 'oh my god this is brilliant!' in the dream when it occurs and that context is intertwined with the music itself, which is probably mostly (not necessarily all the time) pretty bland.

Having paid that I could be totally wrong, I have thought of things that amused me in dreams that I still find amusing in real life

like one I had recently that predominantly featured a black and white clip of Ice Cube rapping about shrimp, but he would manage to fit it in several times a bar, and in weird places and he say it like SHREMPP, like that guy in Forrest Gump. I remember pointing that out in the dream and finding it hilarious, before waking up, and still finding it hilarious

I woke up with a dream guitar bit in my head today. It sounds like a Neil Young riff, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's already in a song... pretty generic sounding riff. It is however unlike anything I'd write normally, so I guess that's cool. In my dream it was supposed to be a part that my friend came up with to work in a segue for one of my songs, so I suppose it makes sense that it doesn't sound like my own riff. But I like to think my friend would have come up with something more original in real life.

I also dreamt that some new watmmer responded to a thread I started in 2004 that didn't make any grammatical sense and was completely inane. It was the only response my thread ever got, with good reason.

Archived