Not my latest creation...one of my earliest, in fact. This is a recording of my running a Roland TR-606 through a distortion pedal and a cigarette box amplifier back in 1999.

Also, I would like to thank Sweepstakes for recovering this antique.

http://soundcloud.com/ambermonk/toxic-tumbleweed

Guest active galaxies

Bracing! It has rather brutal bloody-minded approach that almost becomes oddly meditative after a while.

I like digging up really old stuff I've made now and then, always some odd surprises of the huh-when-did-I-make-this? variety.

Cheers for the feedback guys!

Yeah it sort of feels like going through an old journal or diary. Also I like the "snarling dog" description. Good comparison.

I'd like to make more pure analogue stuff like this in the future. I've been too reliant on FL Studio the past decade.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By saltmarket
      Saltmarket, July 2020

• By cooliofranco
      This is my third EP and coming out on FLAWEd records, which is based in London. These are 2min clips. The vinyl is coming soon and I'll post here when it does. It's not as IDMy as my usual stuff and the direction I've been going in, which is more like, simpler techno because I've been listening to Binh, Evan Baggs, Lutz, and more classic Detroit techno stuff

• By ropprecht
      https://rosszrecords.bandcamp.com/releases

Release date was 1st of May for this on my label Rossz Records

Have a listen, I think most of you will appreciate it a lot 😉

• By ropprecht
      New release on the super independent and tiny label Rossz Records. If you like your ambient techno and analog sounds, you will definitely appreciate this wee release.

https://rosszrecords.bandcamp.com/album/polygum-cat-food-ep

• By Mellow U
      Hello WATMM,

Posting here to inform everyone that my beatless music imprint Psoma Psi Phi has recently reinstated two epic synthesizer records from the inimitable David Burraston (aka NYZ / Noyzelab / Bryen Telko). TTMSubtree and PPLZ SYNF were both given limited cassette editions, and have since gone out of print - these reissues are intended to be more "standard" and keep this excellent music in print and available for a longer period of time. They are also going to be carried at Norman Records and possibly Boomkat. 

NOYZELAB / TTMSUBTREE
      [DUAL-DISK SECOND EDITION]

"...a 90-minute work that shifts between otherworldly drone and soft, ethereal atmospherics. Think beautiful decay, in the most glorious way."
      -Norman Records

2xCD-R DIRECT FROM P/PSI/P
      2xCD-R VIA NORMAN RECORDS, UK

NYZ / PPLZ SYNF
      [QUAD-DISK SECOND EDITION]

"...a gargantuan 3.5-hour record that dives into a deep well of drone synthesis to hypnotic effect. It's as close to a work of art as a record can get, built with Burraston's passion project, a self-build of the Serge CGS Paperface analogue synth. Moody and epic."
      -Norman Records

4xCD-R DIRECT FROM P/PSI/P
      4xCD-R VIA NORMAN RECORDS, UK

I'll also be sure to update this post/thread when other shops begin to carry these releases. 

Also, feel free to follow the label at Facebook for even slower updates: http://www.facebook.com/000bpm 

Keep your ears widened for Dave's next release at Psoma, another 4xCD-R set bearing the name DSP TRX. Speakers will wobble, ears will tingle, minds will be fucked!

Thanks to all of you here who have supported this stuff already!

Love,
      Brian