IGNORED

Madvillain - TBA

Redruth

cO0kJ.jpg

"Once having said that he has 100 albums in him, it seems the former Zev Love X is getting overwhelmed, if at least a bit. “I have so many starting points, I have to be careful,” DOOM explains. I have to, like, put in an order, or else I’ll get lost in it. And one will ever get anything from me ever again; you’ll have the Super Villain going in circles.” He certainly seems to have no time to brush up on his contemporaries. When asked if he respected label mate Homeboy Sandman and the tour-de-force that is Action Bronson, for their humored hip-hop, he simply said, “Never heard of them. I don’t get a chance to listen to new stuff.” He did have nothing but praise for BDP’s Criminal Minded."

"Since his mind seems always in the music, he quickly diverted back to talking about his slate of upcoming projects. “The second Madvillain album is almost done―it’s coming out ill,” he revealed. “That’ll be done this year.” Though the word “done” seems to be a relative term for the prolific MC. “Then it’ll be DOOMSTARKS―I know everybody’s been waiting for that on,” he offered. “I just kicked it with DOOMSTARKS in Australia for five days. We worked on a lot of little odds and ends, we’ll be wrapping up on that one soon too.” And in what might be a XXL exclusive, because “to this day it’s [his] favorite hip-hop magazine,” DOOM revealed murky details about another unannounced album."

"Due to label constraints he could only say, “Let’s put it like this: I’m doing some work with a New York style producer, right. Someone who produced mad hits and shit,” he said. “Hardcore hits. Shit that―it’s totally unexpected but I’m not going to reveal it at this time.” After a little more prying, “Can I give a hint? Ugh, I would say―nah! I can’t even give a hint. New York hit-maker! ‘90s, and it’s not Primo. Try to figure it out.”

read http://www.xxlmag.co...eature-story/3/

unreleased madvillian on peanut butter wolf mix http://www.stonesthr...hrow-podcast-64

I would be hella excited about this announcement because Madvillainy is one of my favourite albums but that DOOD has said it was almost done, like, a bunch of times now, so I'm holding off mass pantsboner until I see a tracklisting or album art or a release date or something

nah! I can’t even give a hint. New York hit-maker! ‘90s, and it’s not Primo. Try to figure it out.”

I hope Pete Rock.

Thought the same... would be quite an album I reckon.

Any MF DOOM fan knows that mentioning the "new Madvillain" at this point has become an inside joke. Because we all know that MF DOOM loves to make small comments about the album whenever someone asks him. He'll vaugely say, "It's finished, or almost finished". He said the same thing in January. When the new Madvillainy album comes out MF DOOM will be 60.

Seriously though, now that he's finished JJ DOOM, a collaborative album that little to no one knew about before it released, you would expect that he would get Madvillainy 2 done. I have a feeling the album has been done for a few months now, he's just trying to release it when the time is right. Who knows really?

Madvillainy 2 already came out, it was a remix album of the first album that only really appealed to a chunk of Madlib diehards. We're all stoked for Madvillain's 3rd album, not second.

Archived