IGNORED

Help a n00b get into the best of Paradinas in this thread

splesh

I'd recommend Tango N Vectif and Lunatic Harness first.

Both are classics, full of stunning melodies.

TNV is from 1993 and still sound damn fresh and inventive/innovative, timeless music.

LH is heavily influenced by jungle, and is the perfect blend between complex yet smooth beat and beautiful synth driven music.

Then Bluff Limbo and Brace Yourself, both being sister releases to the aforementioned albums. Fantastic releases as well.

Then whatever you feel like to.

His most recent LP, Duntisbourne... is quite different from his other releases. Really different mood, much more depressing and bitter. But if/when you get into it, it's a grower.

Bilious Paths has some amazing tunes in it, such as Johnny Maastritch, Meinheld, Siege/Fall of Antioch and My Menegegus.

His Auteurs remix album is also quite a weird one. I quite like it too.

I rarely listen to Royal Astronomy, Salsa with Mesquite and In Pine Effect, even if I love some of their tracks, like Autumn Acid, Phiesope...

Some great tunes released as Kid Spatula too. I've never listened that much to his Gary Moscheles / Jake Slazenger stuffs.

Oh and also check his Frost Jockey alias.

And he's a great remixer too.

Damn, he's so prolific !

In regards to the order, I agree with Iin.

Though I would also include his collaboration with Aphex Twin: Mike & Rich - Expert Knob Twiddlers (Rephlex). It is a really funny album.

IMHO, Royal Astronomy & Duntisbourne... are his less interesting works. Royal... was too cheesy for me, probably his first go with Pop. And for Duntisbourne..., I could never tell the single tracks apart from each other. For me it felt like he was turning in circles on this record.

Gary Moscheles is cheesy as well but in a funky way. It's sort of Easy Electronic Listening. Jake Slazenger goes more in the direction of Electro Funk.

There is definitely much to discover. Enjoy it.

despite the other reviews of it, i loved Royal Astronomy. it was the first paradinas album I heard, and i really dug the weird future/medieval/hip hop combinations throughout the whole thing. I'd recommend a noob start with Lunatic Harness though.

@Npoess - check out the Kid Spatula release Full Sunken Breaks. there are some other tunes like that one sprinkled throughout it. great stuff!

Urmur Bile is my personal favorite release of his... It came out around Lunatic Harness if I'm not mistaken?

Absolutely right. Completely forgot about it. I just listened to it about 2 months ago. It's still brilliant, stripped down, funky D&B from µ-Ziq. The way he reinterpretes his own beats from the Tango & Vectif album on some of the Urmur Bile Trax is just great.

Damn, I forgot to mention Slag Boom Van Loon. Can't find a link to Poppy Seed (the original, not the BoC Remix), what a stunning tune.

Hm, Slag Boom Van Loon (a collab with Speedy J) has something to it. I was thinking about selling the vinyl but decided against selling after listening to it again. There are some weak moments though but also some real beasts.

[youtubehd]U90IplyNnbA&feature=related[/youtubehd]

Wow, hadn't heard this one! So great!

This is pretty much THE perfect video to accompany this track; brilliant!

'Within A Sound' has always been a favorite of mine (from 'In Pine Effect').

Archived