IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

^^^posh or not (posh by Australian standards lol) that's one of my favorite beers of all time :beer:

I love ​Coopers Sparkling ale

:beer:

Had their stout after that. Awesome stuff.

Been on somewhat of a beer bender this week (house/dog sitting for 2 weeks, great!) but I'm easily amused if I've got loads of beer, films, tunes and watmm. Next week I've got to do some proper exercise and earn my ale (otherwise the beer drinking will become boring and a bit of a downer, you know how it works). But that's in three days time so until then I'll crack another one open!

My pre noon beer is a Weltenburger Kloster Asam-Bock. Very highly rated beer and indeed it is delicious.

just been down to aldi and picked these up for 99p each...might be shit, might be nice...will report back later

083e52a37ea2e888d8e4e15b73eac411.jpg

Would definitely give the Red Rye IPA a go. Would give me a reason to go to Aldi if you say it's any good.

yeah had a couple of these now - the red rye was really good actually, kind of sweet and nutty but with a bitter finish

Edited by BCM

quite a fan of rye beer, there's a Guinness one out at the moment (blue label), first time I tried it I wasn't too sure but it grew on me

I'm off to the boozer today (need some social drinking), might post up a photo of the beers on offer as its a great little, old fashioned English pub. We'll see. Catchya later Beer Lords :beer:

Edited by beerwolf

• 3 weeks later...

i've been going too hard recently on the Belgian strong dark ales / quads, so i decided to go in a lighter direction and try some old-style "sours" and such.  Rodenbach is such a good fucking beer, slightly sour and INFINITELY drinkable and refreshing

rodenbach-flemish-sour-ale-beer-belgium-

then i decided to go a little deeper and try an old-style geuze:

hansens_oude_gueuze.jpg

it was good; very different and kinda funky on the back end, but good.  soooo then i decided to really go off the deep end and try the Oudbeitje Lambic:

BoQRDq1CMAAElsM.jpg

wow this fucker is funky.  too funky for my taste.  i like sour and funk, but this was just turned up to 11.  i managed to finish it, but i had a stomach ache the rest of the night.  i have another bottle sitting in my basement, i'm not sure when i'll have the courage to go back around again on this one.

Edited by Charles Nelson Reilly

when you say funky, do you mean kinda mouldy tasting? like, tastes a bit soily? i've had belgian beers like that, wasn't into it.

funky as in it tastes like the smell of a barn full of animals.  a little funk is OK, like in an Orval, but the Oudbeitje was too much.

I never really could get on with the American IPAs but have recently acquired the taste for Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. The last few years it's popped up in most UK supermarkets which always makes me worry a little if the quality may of dropped but hey-ho I don't know any different and each bottle when poured into a glass looks and tastes quite superior.

Eight bottles for Good Friday should do the trick :sorcerer: 

^ yeah totally got into those when they first popped up a few years back.

They've taken a back seat as a staple fridge filler now though to Lagunitas IPA and Pistonhead Amber Ale. Oh and Brooklyn lager, still love those.

I never really could get on with the American IPAs but have recently acquired the taste for Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. The last few years it's popped up in most UK supermarkets which always makes me worry a little if the quality may of dropped but hey-ho I don't know any different and each bottle when poured into a glass looks and tastes quite superior.

Eight bottles for Good Friday should do the trick :sorcerer:

My go-to IPA is usually Racer 5 from Bear Republic. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is good, but the rest of their beers pretty much taste the same with varying amounts of hops.

I'll have to try this Racer 5, its on beersofeurope but out of stock atm, I'll keep an eye out.

I have few bottles of Black Isle Organic Blonde, very tasty but I'm feeling a bit weary from yesterdays beer activities *big heavy yawn*