IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

I'm a big fan of Rodenbach when I feel like I want something light and refreshing, and I saw this in my local beer shop today and had to get it.  The "red fruit" added is a blend of cherries and elderberries.

It's a lot like plain old Rodenbach, but a little sweeter and deeper.  Very good.

ZOH2bSm.jpg?1

pFu4mbT.jpg?1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

beavertown are very hard to find round my way, I guess I'd have to trek into Richmond to get some (I usually visit the beer shop after cycling around the park) its a bit of a mission with backpack stuffed with beer, bike and trains. but usually worth it.

tbh I'm glad I don't live really close to one of those plush beer emporiums, as is my waistline, liver and savings account... 

it's a beer drinkers paradise nowadays, mad how things have changed! I bought the Real Ale Drinkers Almanac by Roger Protz in 91 and you can clearly see how almost extinct good beer was in the UK. Only kept alive by beardy weirdy Prog Rock fans (no beard for me but massive Pink Floyd fan so I qualified lol)

Most excellent  :cool:

Edited by beerwolf

R E F R E S H I N G

61939011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=f6ed55

this is my go-to beer. so good!

in the last month or so i've tried a few Trappist ales. thought they were overrated as fuck until i had an Orval, which was maybe the nicest beer i've ever had. truly lush.

Apparently if you keep Orval in the cellar for a year or so from bottling date, it gets even much, much more lusher (the strain of yeast they use in the brew is well known to improve with age)

Good luck with that...

I don't drink often

but had a couple of bottles of

Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout

a couple of days ago

wishing I had more now :)

Wow, Really Nice :)

post-17854-0-04094100-1522434708_thumb.jpg

photo by brauista

Apparently if you keep Orval in the cellar for a year or so from bottling date, it gets even much, much more lusher (the strain of yeast they use in the brew is well known to improve with age)

Good luck with that...

This is true, see my earlier post about trying an Orval that was 3 years old.

Expanding my Trappist adventures with some Achel blonde.  Was really surprised, the aroma and taste were both exceptional:

g2QG8xJ.jpg

I don't drink often

a couple of days ago

attachicon.gifphotobybrauista.jpg

photo by brauista

welcome to the watmm pub diatoms

a funny thought struck me yesterday that perhaps this is one of the calmest, cordial and politest threads on general banter, which considering the subject matter is no mean feat! 

I don't drink often

a couple of days ago

attachicon.gifphotobybrauista.jpg

photo by brauista

welcome to the watmm pub diatoms

a funny thought struck me yesterday that perhaps this is one of the calmest, cordial and politest threads on general banter, which considering the subject matter is no mean feat! 

Sláinte:)

Zeffolia if you haven't you should try and get your hands on the wheat beers made by Ayinger and Weihenstephaner, they are delish

You can usually get some over at www.beersofeurope.co.uk

I think the various styles of Bavarian wheat beers are my favourite of all beers. Huge flavour but refreshing. 

Edited by beerwolf