IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

IMG_0633.jpg

Even sharks need water from Verdant brewing, nice hazy IPA from cornwall.

that looks disgusting lol how was it?

loool yeah the hazyness is unusual to say the least ! that's a great brewery for hopsy beer and I'm pretty new to this kind of brew but I like it a lot ! 

Super hazy IPAs have been all the rage in the states for the past year or so.

There's also a lot of beers showing up in my local scene that verge on straight up fruit juice too -- sour/tart base beers with pounds and pounds of fruit puree added.  

IMG_0633.jpg

Even sharks need water from Verdant brewing, nice hazy IPA from cornwall.

that looks disgusting lol how was it?

loool yeah the hazyness is unusual to say the least ! that's a great brewery for hopsy beer and I'm pretty new to this kind of brew but I like it a lot ! 

Super hazy IPAs have been all the rage in the states for the past year or so.

There's also a lot of beers showing up in my local scene that verge on straight up fruit juice too -- sour/tart base beers with pounds and pounds of fruit puree added.  

https://verdantbrewing.co/blogs/news/even-sharks-need-water

Drank too many beavertowns last night. Guy in the beer shop was giving out about them at the checkout, lol. I just told him I hope they get cheaper.

I'm a bit tired out atm with heavy craft ales (been drinking a bit too much of them) and just been going to the local shop and buying bottles of ice cold Peroni, just suits my mood and the hot weather and really been enjoying them. Had a few cold Hoegaardens which have gone down and hit the spot.

As caze says above I'm beginning to spend a small fortune on craft beer (because its becoming more accessible)  I can't really afford to drink the amount I can drink in volume in posh beer. Think I may go back on the Munich beers next time I get a few cases in, as craft ale cans just burns a massive hole in my wallet.  

Edited by beerwolf

I've been drinking a lot of Coronas in this heat, squeeze a bit of lime + a few segments in there, salt the rim, great fuel for working the bbq.

Yeah Corona is alright, been having a few myself. Hits the spot.

Had a few Dead Pony Clubs today. Good beer to quench your thirst without falling over. No one squeezed a grapefruit into it either. Good beer.

Ps have you ever noticed how this thread is so well behaved and well mannered? Hahah somehow that makes me smile. Now excuse me gentlemen while I go over to the Boards of Canada sub forum or What Are You Consuming Right Now and post a load of savage ranting and raving! Tally Ho!!

I'm a bit tired out atm with heavy craft ales (been drinking a bit too much of them) and just been going to the local shop and buying bottles of ice cold Peroni, just suits my mood and the hot weather and really been enjoying them. Had a few cold Hoegaardens which have gone down and hit the spot.

As caze says above I'm beginning to spend a small fortune on craft beer (because its becoming more accessible) I can't really afford to drink the amount I can drink in volume in posh beer. Think I may go back on the Munich beers next time I get a few cases in, as craft ale cans just burns a massive hole in my wallet.

Learn to brew . I have a 3 tap set up at home and have been brewing for about 5 years ...

This is what's up. You can brew 5 gallons of a hella deece beer for like $20-30 worth of ingredients once you start buying in bulk.

Of course you'll have an initial investment in brewing gear + kegging setup but you can break even pretty quickly depending how much you drink. Plus getting involved with local brew clubs and such leads you to meeting usually cool people.

Beer people generally = good people

drinking a couple more Rochefort 8's today. has been promoted from the nicest beer I've had recently to my favourite beer of all time now I think.

^ yeah not bad that one

Today I started with a Corona but then followed it up with a Lupaloid. Know what beerwolf means about craft beers getting a bit old hat because heavy and pricey.

Think it's just because the sun's out tbh.

After those two I've been on coke can sized Heinekens all day

Went to Citadel festival today. Watched Shame (London punk band, very good) The Horrors (hmmm always been suspicious and after watching them I’m convinced they are kids who can play but don’t have any fucking original ideas at all and everything they do is blatantly nicked from their uncles record collection, there were some very very hot birds who seem to be fans though...,,) then watched Hawkwind, who were terrible (sorry that sounds blasphemy but it’s true) then watched Goat. Who were brilliant. The point I was gonna make before entering a twilight world of rambling is I drank about (counts to myself) about 16 bottles of corona and it’s going to be a few years since I’ll be able to drink that again!!

Good day though. Everyone else disappeared after Hawkwind and looked well iffy. If you gonna drink you need to eat decent food and drink water. Right I think I’m off to bed to dream about The Horrors female fan base. Goodnight.

drinking a couple more Rochefort 8's today. has been promoted from the nicest beer I've had recently to my favourite beer of all time now I think.

It's definitely one of my favorites of all time.

Now that it's truly summer, I've been getting into my go-to summer beers, victory kirsch gose, rodenbach, and rodenbach fruitage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...