IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

Delicious juicy pale ale.  Hoof Hearted - "Thanks for letting us play tonight."

I've been pretty burned out on NE style ipas, but this was impressive. Drank like an IPA/DIPA in mouthfeel, but light in the abv @ 5.5%

Gotta seek out more from this brewery.

e68b07658796ff7bc4b67fdd35fb9b25.jpg

Edited by olo

• 4 weeks later...

Had a couple of these paired with my lunch of BBQ mock duck pizza... delicious stuff, definitely has that peanut butter taste but not overwhelmingly so, paired really well with the pizza.

3023aea621f4872c098a8fb5e18d89c4_640x640

Edited by ghOsty

like cum?

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/986/91838/?ba=Knapp85

Notes / Commercial Description: 

A meaty foreign-style stout, Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout is made with Colorado base malts, roasted barley, seven specialty malts, Styrian Goldings hops, and 25 pounds of freshly sliced and roasted bull testicles.

Harpoon IPA. Tangy.4010c08a16bc0ec5b7b1bcf9a36eaafe.jpg

I drank a bunch of that in college. It's really hard to get an East coast style IPA in California. I'm getting really tired of having IPAs with a thin flavor that's 10% abv.

I work at Hoplandia in St Johns, Portland.

We have a big array of dank oregon sours/beers - not to mention we get some tre fontainen and cantillon every now again.

If anyone is searching for any specifc oregon beers and wants to trade/get some feel free to PM me.

Oh Braintree, sad lol at a Californian complaining about the quality of available IPAs...

9/10 ipas in oregon currently are NE Hazy Style Ipa or IIPA.

i dare you to try and find something different lol

A California IPA is basically just the flavor of hops. I want something more robust that won't get me fucked up on two beers.

I like Drake's Denogginizer but it's 10%.

It was really nice if you like fruit beers, not too dissimilar to a Kreik etc, but obvs more blackcurranty. Got that nice twang.

Edited by BCM

im so done with beer

bizarrely enough so am I, it's been a long time coming but I'm a bit tired of the beer bandwagon if you know what I mean

the craft ale thing has been getting on my tits for ages tbh

couple of wheat beers or pilsner to quench my thirst then a bottle of half decent wine

I can get a bit moody within myself on a beer buzz, I find wine definitely more uplifting

might have to change my name to WineBadger!

I’m with you guys on the “I’ve had it with craft beer” revelations. I’ve tried just about every sub-category at this point and there are no surprises left. Just gimme a fuckin crispy lager or Weihestephaner or something classic like that and get your whoopie pie whatever stouts out mah face.

i haven't tasted an american beer that I thought was better than the following in the last 9-10 years.

IPA:

zombie dust - 3 floyds

two-hearted ale - bells

fuzzy baby ducks - nebco

Lager:

lager of the lakes - bells

Wheat

oberon - bells

gumballhead - 3 floyds

stout:

kentucky breakfast stout - founders

and of course any sort of czech or german pils is much better than any small american craft brewery that chucks one out. pilsner urquell is usually the best standard option. last "experimental" beers that I actually found interesting were in estonia. in particular the nakk passionfruit witbier from kolk brewery.

Edited by dr lopez

totally agree with above sentiments. i do like a craft beer obviously, but these days tend to just drink like, normal bottled beers for the most part - estrella, staropramen, hell even just bog standard heineken or coors or some shit like that. seems like maybe everyone should get out of the craft beer market, sell all your positions and capitalise now.

I started to get wise of this craft ale bullshit when I could either buy 2 cans of poncey beer or a great bottle of wine. 

Having said that there are some incredible beers out there, I dunno, I just had enough of it all and now will stick to my wine.

I mean its 9pm on a Saturday and I'm having a fairly coherent conversation and sipping a nice glass of red, not jibbering on about some oddly hilarious (to myself) satanic, bestial sex ceremony after 12 pints of beers. 

I think I may of finally grown up (I've also started to listen to Radio BBC 4...)

Edited by beerwolf

Usually in a drinking sesh we share a few crafty beers but break them up with a nice crisp plain lager or pils almost like a palette cleanser I guess. Some of the craft beers are like drinking a bowl of cereal lol. 

But yeah have to agree with you guys some of the breweries are way overdoing it. 

Pumpkin spice donut cake beer etc. wtf.

That said I drank a bottle of weasel shit coffee beer once so I guess I can't talk. kopi luwak or whatever it's called.

Yeah like yesterday I had this Mighty Squirrel - Cloud Candy. A New England IPA with lots of haziness and beautiful hop flavor so I’m not ready to just say: “fuck all craft beer!” But I knew what I was getting and was just pleasantly surprised.

I guess sours are the only exciting frontier left for me, plus they’re usually refreshing AF

Yeah like yesterday I had this Mighty Squirrel - Cloud Candy. A New England IPA with lots of haziness and beautiful hop flavor so I’m not ready to just say: “fuck all craft beer!” But I knew what I was getting and was just pleasantly surprised.

I guess sours are the only exciting frontier left for me, plus they’re usually refreshing AF

I LOVE sours but they're usually low ABV. Which, as an alcoholic on a budget, sometimes makes them a tough purchase lol.