IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

• 1 month later...

Seeing as it's Christmas Eve well I thought it would be a really great idea to bump this thread, as Christmas and beer is the perfect combination? Correct. 

(And yes I have just read the post at the top of this thread. Fucking A. But it seems the Motherfucking Beer Beast Is Back In Full Effect!!!)

C'mon then lads and ladies lets talk about one of mans greatest creations. Beer. (Even if it was brewed by A Craft Ale Fake Punk Ponce)

I didn't think I was gonna get it, and cutting it a little fine but just by a whisker the postie has just dropped of a case of 12 Hofbrau Original.

Six minutes past Midday and the first one has just been cracked. Let the ale savagery begin :beer:

Hail the Bollock Beer Soaked Brainstorm ?

Edited by beer badger
  • Haha 1

I have to host the in-laws and extended family for a Christmas dinner party.  Only good thing is that I get to choose the beer.  They better enjoy drinking some Troegs perpetual IPA, mad elf, java head stout; founders CBS and blushing monk, and victory sour monkey.

If not, then I am still stocked for the holidays.  Win-win.

1 hour ago, randomsummer said:

They better enjoy drinking some Troegs perpetual IPA, mad elf, java head stout; founders CBS and blushing monk, and victory sour monkey.

I would love to quaff many flagons of these peculiar named ales, with a fine fellow like your own good s(elf) . Java Head Stout sounds particularly fantastic!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Candiru said:

Sierra-Nevada-Celebration-1.jpg

Already this late and I realized I hadn't had any of this yet this year and saw it in the store, bought the shit out of it. Dankness. 

I'm a massive fan of just their bog standard Pale Ale, it's the only beer of SN I've ever had. Indeed this amber glass of beer elixir looks delicious. Actually looks like maple syrup with a frothy snow white head. Yes I would wager five rabbits and a partridge that this is indeed a beer worth soaking my bollocks for.

• Like 1

I like craft beers but I think I prefer more traditional sorts of beer. Black beer is very common here and I will enjoy a Köstritzer from the local brewery later. Nothing too fancy. Tastes very full-bodied and silky, almost sweet. Goes along very well with venison dishes. Before pils was invented virtually all beers were black beers.

6 hours ago, beer badger said:

I would love to quaff many flagons of these peculiar named ales, with a fine fellow like your own good s(elf) . Java Head Stout sounds particularly fantastic!! 

I haven't tried the Java Head stout, but I did get a stout that I knew was good in CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout, brewed with coffee and chocolate and aged in bourbon barrels that had just aged Michigan maple syrup).  Take a gander.

Edited by randomsummer

On 12/24/2019 at 3:41 PM, darreichungsform said:

Black beer is very common here and I will enjoy a Köstritzer from the local brewery later.

Thuringian detected.

?

I had some when I had to go for a training session in Jena with the company I worked for. Interesting stuff - the light taste completely did not match the pitch dark color.

It’s since spread to the point where you can buy it all over Germany. Kinda killed the magic for me.

2 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Thuringian detected.

?

I had some when I had to go for a training session in Jena with the company I worked for. Interesting stuff - the light taste completely did not match the pitch dark color.

It’s since spread to the point where you can buy it all over Germany. Kinda killed the magic for me.

:beer:

You know Jena? It always surprises me that a not so large city like Jena attracts so many international people. A haven of reason and sanity in the right-wing swamp Thuringia has become

Maybe it’s the university?

I live in a city in the east of the Netherlands which is also quite right wing swampy - but the city itself is lively, reasonably cosmopolitan and left wing (well, green part left wing, anyway). Mostly on account of the university it has.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rhmilo said:

Maybe it’s the university?

I live in a city in the east of the Netherlands which is also quite right wing swampy - but the city itself is lively, reasonably cosmopolitan and left wing (well, green part left wing, anyway). Mostly on account of the university it has.

Yes, for sure it is. Also Jenoptik and the Zeiss factory attract people. I guess it's just very common that rural areas are more right than cities. Merry Christmas :beer:

• 3 weeks later...

I love lambics in the first place, but this has to be my favorite.  Usual sourness and bit of funk perfectly balanced by a little bit of brown sugar sweetness.  It's amazing how consistently good it is with wild yeast.

Untitled.jpg

On 12/26/2019 at 5:34 PM, drome said:

??

64FD71EB-02E3-4630-82EA-4E16C66E2819.jpeg

That was the last gear I ever got drunk on. Lovely jubbly, even if wheat beers can rub certain folks up the wrong way. Can’t recall a bunk one, but don’t miss any alcoholic beverage with hindsight either.

Booze culture is so fucked up here, both sides of the Irish Sea, but somehow we tolerate our cities being turned to wastelands every weekend. The endless fighting, cunts getting glassed, bouncers cheap-shotting ejectees, women pissing openly outside the chippy on Caroline St (classy), so the filth just batter anyone. A good pub is increasingly rare & footy away day pubs are guaranteed carnage. Maybe it’s genetic. The Italians drink as many units, but without the histrionics. Nevertheless, John Keane seemed to be a pretty chilled bloke:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never really liked IPAs in general, probably because my palate is very sensitive to bitter flavors.  However, I've found that my tastes have evolved over the past year or two and I am beginning to enjoy and explore IPAs more thoroughly.

At the same time, I am really starting to dislike stouts and porters.  ?

Tastes in beer shift all over the place. I used to be obsessed with IPAs. Lately, I've been going for crispy lagers like Pilsner Urquell or a lot of non-hoppy stuff by Jack's Abby, a brewery in MA. I'm also really into sour beers, and those have gotten a lot more popular lately, which is nice.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, randomsummer said:

I've never really liked IPAs in general, probably because my palate is very sensitive to bitter flavors.  However, I've found that my tastes have evolved over the past year or two and I am beginning to enjoy and explore IPAs more thoroughly.

At the same time, I am really starting to dislike stouts and porters.  ?

Same here. Got dragged to this weird drum n bass night at a pub once which only served these weird IPAs that all tasted like shit.

yeah me too, gone right off all that well hoppy craft IPA shit. just too fucking hoppy innit. i was into it for a while, but am just liking crisp lagers these days - pilsner urquell is a good one yeah, also peroni and birra moretti.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Candiru said:

I'm also really into sour beers, and those have gotten a lot more popular lately, which is nice.

I love sour beers.  I've tried so many on the sour/funk spectrum and have rarely been disappointed.  The only ones I really can't handle are the Hanssens Artisanaal.  I love their Oude Geuze, which is one of my favorite styles of sour, but their other offerings are just too funky and flat for me.

One of my other favorites has to be Lindeman's Faro Lambic.  It's is one hell of a beer, maybe one of my favorite sour/sweet lambics. VERY highly recommended.

• Like 2