IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

Started the night by tasting a Unibroue sampler pack at work. 5/6 in the sampler were delicious, among the best beers I've had, however the Ephemere Apple, is a little too fruity for my tastes (some may like it though, while fruity and the worst of the 6 still a decent beer)

UnibroueMaudite.jpg

Ended up buying a bomber of the Maudite because it came with the glass. for only $2 more than the regular bombers, felt classy drinking it out of the custom glass

Now I'm finishing the night off slowly sipping on some Rogue Chocolate Stout, which is fucking delicious

69c602bb6aa1faab889b1efae7417ed4.png

Beer%20guest_ale_tea_lg.jpg

Had a few of these in a local pub yesterday. They went down rather well. Can't say I've ever heard of this one before.

I had a couple of American Pale Ale's in a pub just round the corner from Liberty's earlier but I can't remember the brewery?

I'm not learned on beer whatsoever... just try a lot of different ones and expensive ones without much background knowledge.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend something that tastes like Guiness Draught. I'm sitting here with one, and I realized just then that this is my favorite beer. I can see that statement inviting ridicule, but it's true. I think it's delicious, and if there's anything else like it I'd love to give it a try!

I'm not learned on beer whatsoever... just try a lot of different ones and expensive ones without much background knowledge.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend something that tastes like Guiness Draught. I'm sitting here with one, and I realized just then that this is my favorite beer. I can see that statement inviting ridicule, but it's true. I think it's delicious, and if there's anything else like it I'd love to give it a try!

I actually got into beer via Guinness, and I don't think yours is a position that invites ridicule. I don't rate Guinness too highly these days, but only because I've had much better.... But that required trial and error and looking for things thy aren't readily available. Which isn't easy when your grocer has 9/10 of its display devote to bud.

If you can, try a Guinness Foreign Extra stout. Definitely a step or ten up. It's pretty legitimately good. If you like it, or at least think it's interesting, I'd recommend going to beeradvocate.com and searching the rankings for stout styles, reading reviews (always with a grain of salt) and trying out a few as you find ones that spark your interest.

edit: sorry, I fucked up on tapatalk and triple posted this shit. Duplicates hidden, mods plz delete them if they fuck things up.

Edited by baph

Guest uptown devil

lefthand brewery's nitro milk stout, it's gotta be nitro though.

If you like it, or at least think it's interesting, I'd recommend going to beeradvocate.com and searching the rankings for stout styles, reading reviews (always with a grain of salt) and trying out a few as you find ones that spark your interest

The issue with beeradvocate/ratebeer and the likes is that they're dominated by beer nerds so unless it's a huge beer or really out there it's less likely to have a good rating. I haven't looked, but I can almost guarantee you that the highest rated stouts will be big ass imperials and RISes, which if you're not ready for, you will definitely not enjoy.

Edit: I highly endorse ghosty's recommendation of Buffalo Sweat if you can get it in your area. One of my favorites!

Edited by hautlle

If you like it, or at least think it's interesting, I'd recommend going to beeradvocate.com and searching the rankings for stout styles, reading reviews (always with a grain of salt) and trying out a few as you find ones that spark your interest

The issue with beeradvocate/ratebeer and the likes is that they're dominated by beer nerds so unless it's a huge beer or really out there it's less likely to have a good rating. I haven't looked, but I can almost guarantee you that the highest rated stouts will be big ass imperials and RISes, which if you're not ready for, you will definitely not enjoy.

Oh yeah, of course. I just meant browse reviews to get a feel for what sort of qualities the beer might have, and select some to try based on what sparks an interest.

Although I don't think going straight to a Storm King Stout from a nitro Guinness draft can is necessarily a bad idea either :emotawesomepm9: .

got rochefort (6, 8 and 10), bacchus old flemish brown and 9 wolf amber ale.

looking forward to opening these on a special occasion. never had the bacchus or 9 wolf

had this a few nights ago...first beer in a while....and man it was amazing...Dogfish has done it yet again....I hope they make this one a regular rotation...goes down insanely easy for a 9%. Apple cider, oranges, cinnamon, and a dash of something spicy...drink this one cold as all hell.

dogfish-head-positive-contact.jpg

absolutely delicious

also one of these, which i'm saving for later. i suspect it will leave me the worse for wear.

imperial-russian-stout-label.jpg

In the name of God I want to taste this!!!

This time of year is always good for beers, so many one off brews to celebrate Autumn, Halloween and Bonfire Night.