IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

seems to be a new thing... as thread starter, i have a button titled 'mark solved' under each post. i clicked it to see what happened on encey's post. i guess that's what happens.

Thanks for all the recs! I have tried the BORIS, but not the Yeti. There's also Labyrinth, right?

Parabola will come out again soon. It is a revelation!

I was on top of the 'best answer' list for awhile!

Havent check into this thread in a while, and cant remember everything I've tried since... (I try about 2 or 3 new beers every saturday at the shop i work at

Ive had a couple bottles of this stuff this week, it's interesting tossed in an orange slice on the second bottle and it enhanced it quite well... The Sierra Nevada Celebration ale is also quite tasty,
Samuel-Adams-Merry-Mischief-690x550.jpg

I have problems with beers that are over 5-6%. Anything over that start to taste like ass.

You're missing out on TONS of great beers then, most of the beers in this thread are over 5-6%, a lot of "finer" beers are at least a 7... the key is to go with a craft brew and not just say, steel reserve that's going for alcohol and not flavor. Or perhaps there's certain types you don't like. For example I don't particularly like the extremely hoppy beers, and therefore don't care for most IPA's

Currently drinking this beauty. 10.5% abv ale brewed and then blended with its own test batches that were aged in various barrels with Brettanomyces and/or Lactobacillus. Starts fruity and spicy, ends tart, very nice overall.

e67adbc073790444f6246a2e9b5923f9_640x640

I've tried to like them, but in all of them the taste of alcohol comes through and ruins it all. Alcohol tastes bad.

i'm often surprised how smooth drinking a lot of these high alcohol beers are. which is dangerous cos you think you're just scooping a few beers and then BLAM suddenly you're hammered.

have you tried any fruit beers? might be a possible step towards beer appreciation. lighter, citrussy IPAs or white beers tend to have more flavours going on to distract your palate. or cider might be more up your street. or alcopops. or milk.

:cisfor:

The only time a <5% beer is acceptable is if you're preggers

lol in scotland this is fairly accurate.

i call them (<5% beers) "everyday beers". you can have 4 of them every day then at the weekend you get something fancy for a treat.

This is fucking amazing. Like drinking a Hershey's kiss. Dayummmmmmm attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1355800470531.jpg

there's a distinct lack of decent chocolate malts available here. sucks.

That trappist rochefort is incrediballs, wish i could get it around here. I had some schneider weisse weissbock the other day, and while nothing fancy (probably regarded as 'domestic' in Germany), it's very tasty stuff. Cloves along with the typical weiss banana esters. And at 8% it's fairly hefty.

Westvrleteren XII went on sale in the US for the first time ever in extremely limited box sets ($85 USD for a six pack with tasting glasses) because the monks needed to raise funds for abbey renovations or something, and it seems to have sold out in a couple hours. At $85 for a six pack, when I apparently am no longer going to get paid at work, I should not feel so bad about not getting on it, right?

Edited by baph

Do it, that's supposedly some next level stuff. I've been wanting to taste their beer for ages, but I've never been able to get hold of any. Even if it isn't all that, you'll get to know what it tastes like.

Wait, what? You're not getting paid at work? If so, stay the fuck away.

I'll give the bed & breakfast a shot!