IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

Beeradvocate and Ratebeer are for super-geeks, virgins and pretentious neck-beards.

Untappd is for average Joes like myself, even though I get a bit annoyed when I see some idiot rating a top notch imperial stout 1 out of 5 caps because "I prefer lager".

• 2 weeks later...

how is the focal banger

Good. Actually preferred it to Heady. It's strange, I had heady several years ago & absolutely loved it. After having it recently, I sadly was underwhelmed. (I had to give up a ton of BA stouts for these guys). Palate has changed I guess.

And some brewers in MI are producing "NE style IPAs" that are as good, if not better.

Trillium's scaled was really good though FYI.

• 3 weeks later...

^ one of my favorites, good one BCM.

Reasonably priced, tons of flavour, 10.5% kick ;)

I find them drinkable as well, as in I can have 2 or 3 in a session if I feel like it (usually don't b/c the high abv).

edit: actually maybe I'm confusing that one with the draak 9000. ack

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

yeah man, it's well lush... they've got a good deal on at lidl if there happens to be one near you - selection of 6 belgian ales, (gulden draak [including the 9000], piraat, bornem), £10.50.

Edited by BCM

That is indeed a smoking hot deal.

Lol I googled Lidl and apparently the closest one to me is in Birmingham.... 6189km away

:emotawesomepm9:

they just starting up in the u.s.of t.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-lidl-usa-idUSKBN1421VM

yesterday i had a Grolsch and a Stella Artois @ local pub thing. Easy to drink...

PS. Michael Jackson Beerhunter

• 2 weeks later...

Ohh, you have something by de Molen, my favourite brewers! Haven't tried that particular one but out of the 10+ beers I've tried by them I've yet to find one I dislike. Current favourite being Hemel & Aarde, a smoked imperial stout.

Yeah they're lush. First thing I got by them a few years back was one of their ultra-fancy ones sealed with wax at the top. It was some form of almost-solid stout that had been aged in laphroaig barrels. Too lush.

Spi me and you seem to buy pretty much the same beer. Every time you post a picture it looks like the inside of my fridge, same breweries, often very similar selection.

Weird.

Both the de molen and mikeller there are delish. 

How did you find the westvleteren? I've not had that yet, mostly because it's like $15 for a small bottle lol.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!!! I REALLY like brewdog (though I find them a tad overpriced) but that boxed set looks amazing?!

Sweet gift man.

I had no idea such a boxed set exist, I'm going to see if it's offered in Canada.

Mr Caze is there a barcode/sku on the outside of the box? It will help me order it in if available in Canada.

each beer in that was picked individually afaict. I think last year I got one that was randomly selected by them though, a few brewdog ones, plus a bunch of other european and american ones too. check out their website I guess. think they have a brewery in the US now, so shouldn't be a problem getting stuff in Canada.

Ah I see. Yes we get brewdog here no prob. I thought that boxed set was like a pre-packaged one, didn't realize it was individually picked. Still really cool nonetheless.

Looks like I have to go shopping :cool: 

That´s a nice collection of BrewDogs. Try to get Black Eyed King Imp, also. 

Beermas was crazy. I started with a four pack of nine days old Focal Banger. Then BA Brian and George from Mikkeller, Mephistopheles Stout, Stone Xocoveza, Westvleteren 12 from 2014, and goodies from De Dolle, Nøgne Ø, Great Divide, Lagunitas, Edge, Heretic and Mikkeller.

Now I´m bloated and going for a white month. But this thread is like the burger thread when I´m hungry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can't be bothered to post up every great beer I drink I drink (I'll keep that mistake and not delete  :wink: ) but just had a Schneider Weisse Tap 5 (8.2%), first time I've savoured this heavenly liquid. Wow this is one of God's beers. Amazing brew.

Not a real posh beer by any standards. But I mis-read the menu and it came in a 750ml bottle. So the waitress put it in a champagne bucket. Therefore a posh beer.

beer.jpg