IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

hahah yes they also got 'em in my local Tesco, couldn't believe my eyes. Happy days : )

sometimes they send my store an odd case of something then it disappears (usually down my neck!) (Exmoor Beast, Cornish Orchards Vintage, McChouffe to name a few) but the Delirium seems to be a regular ting.

yeah Tesco have been stocking some solid brews for a while. props to em. that was the first Trappist beer i had, actually. wouldn't bother with it again, even at £2.15.

I had some Tröegs Nugget Nectar in tap and it was a citrusy, piney bouquet of dankness. There are so many beers out there that I forgot about this one, which would usually disappear from stores as soon as it appeared.

the last few years supermarkets really raised their game with the range of brews, not quite the dodgy off-license yesteryear selection of Special Brew and ciders that contain zero apple ingredients for sunday afternoon/mon/tues comedown fodder

cant read this thread any more

must. resist.

tumblr_m65o27ykS51qddi5do2_250.gif

Edited by cwmbrancity

looks like a fine establishment *slobbers*

I spy they have a Scandinavian section, check out Nogne if they have them, bit pricey but very tasty

Edited by beerwolf

best beers i've had here in finland are from a nice brewery called fat lizard. pricey but they do nice american style ipas. really quite excellent. interestingly enough most of their beers are gluten free which usually mean they suck, but not here. best gluten free beers ive ever had

Edited by dr lopez

• 4 weeks later...

i'm down in Brazil for a 3-month work assignment.  1 month in and i'm missing my beer stash at home.

found an awesome little beer store about 1 km away and took a walk there this afternoon.  can you tell that i like Belgian beer??

Qz0qiYd.jpg

i'm down in Brazil for a 3-month work assignment.  1 month in and i'm missing my beer stash at home.

found an awesome little beer store about 1 km away and took a walk there this afternoon.  can you tell that i like Belgian beer??

Qz0qiYd.jpg

I have one of them Rochefortes, my latest haul:

QrstLyy.jpg?1

I have one of them Rochefortes, my latest haul:

QrstLyy.jpg?1

Nice.  Rochefort 8 might be my favorite beer of all time...

I am going to try some Brazilian IPAs while I'm down here.  I'm not really a fan of IPAs, but that's what they're going crazy making down here right now and I don't want to miss the opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

It's beer day again

U0uk9KI.jpg

I think this one is a Pale Ale?

ZnBNIWr.jpg

The Rochefort 6 was lovely, looking forward to trying the 8

Qz0qiYd.jpg

i just love that geuze boon beer, it smells like a grannies old sock but it tastes so fresh and a bit sour

Orval is still my absolute personal favorite beer for the moment, nothing beats it

Those are good beers, the Rochefort 10 is probably my favourite, not so much into the gulden draak and piraat, but the rest are top level.

lol what is the Sierra Nevada doing there, don't know about that one.

Edited by Gocab

i also love the geuze boon, and i wasn't so sure about orval the first time i had it but i am really coming around on it.  i've seen it more down here (in grocery stores even) than i've seen up in the states.

the sierra nevada is there because i wanted to try their geuze and i guess i had to go to brazil to try an american geuze lol.