IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

Seconds on Trois Pistoles and all Founders beers! On the PAcific NW tip, I have had some great beers from Two Beers Brewing Co in Seattle. If you come across one, I highly recommend it!

founders-porter.jpg

Haven't bought beer in about a month. This was my 1st buy in awhile. Damn good, although not as good as their Breakfast Stout.

We just got a huge order of the breakfast stout at the shop, definitely gonna have to pick some up

Guest onesixoneight

leffe6.jpg

Leffe Brune 6.5% available in some large supermarkets. Proper nice loopy juice!

220px-Glass_of_K%C3%B6stritzer_Schwarzbier.jpg

Kostritzer Black Lager 4.8% delicious German beer cant find it in the UK though

Guest onesixoneight

I discovered Kostritzer on a works trip to Germany, super good, I'd drink it all the time if I could get this in the UK

There is a distinct lack of dark beers in the UK as most folk like normal laaager

As a result I've taken to brewing my own dark beers....

Guest uptown devil

that looks sexy as fuck.

had the ommegang abbey ale last night:

2008_08_botw34.jpg

my girlfriend said it tasted like soy sauce. i didn't let her have anymore after that.

Lol, I picked up a 4-pack of Ommegang Scythe and Sickle, pretty nice. We also have a bomber of their Seduction ale with chocolate and cherries, was delicious when we had it back in February, hopefully it's only got better with time.

A local brewery does weekly firkins on Thursdays, tonight it was a Tiramisu Brown Ale. Their regular brown with espresso, chocolate, lady fingers, and marscapone cheese added. It was amazing, tasted just like the dessert. Unfortunately it sold out in about 10 minutes so I only got one.

EISb2.jpg

Edited by hautlle

stone-imperial-russian.jpg

yes!

stone_old_gaurdian.gif

for tonight

How was it?... that's one of the few stone ones I haven't tried

yea me neither. tis good?

It's quite good. More of a malty character up front than most other stones, and then the trad stone hops comes in a bit after and lingers. Starts sweet but finishes dryish. Interesting. It's probably not sweet by most barley wine standards, but it's malty by Stone's.

I had the 2011 version, apparently they tweak it yearly.

Definitely worth checking out. There's also a "belgo" version, which I might prefer but haven't had in a while.

Edited by baph

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

Decided to take a break from whisky, so I bought myself a little selection for tonight. I'll be reporting back later.

beer.jpg

ommegang takes giant turds on most beers

316cb32e5c82ac428f903589aa4be179_320x320.jpg

I love Ommegang, but I can't find any of their newer/smaller-batch brews out in LA (although I'm thankful for the Saison and Dubbel and Three Philosophers I can get).

just caved and got myself a belated bday gift

nothing is more posh

PB28047Z-BIG.jpg

The 10 is harsh stuff. Fucking lovely though.

i've actually not had the 10. the 6 was great, and the 8 was easily the 2nd best thing i've ever put in my mouth