posh beers and ales and stuff thread

Go to solution Solved by encey,

Doesn't taste like tropical sunny delight right?

I was at the Brewdog pub the other day, most of the (really strong! lol) beers I was drinking tasted like gloopy fruit juice. I like American styled  IPAs but they have to be exceptionally brewed or have an element of malt / bitterness to them. I got gently hammered though, which wasn't difficult and the company was good.

Edited by beerwolf
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At a friend's house for a socially-distant cookout, got to crack open this baby.  It's so spectacular on a hot afternoon. I tried to share but my friends were not fans, which was surprising becau

I'm currently drinking a Coors Light

I can't even remember the last time I posted in this thread, but Ireland has upped its craft beer game by so many levels since then its unreal.   I used to buy an American beer every time I

Posted Images

i've been all grain homebrewing for about 5 years now. I have a keg set up at home with 3 taps. The beers got good after about 1 year but i've taught people now who can basically brew good beers now straight off the mark. Very rewarding hobby and it does save a bunch of money if you do drink a lot of beer :D

i've been all grain homebrewing for about 5 years now. I have a keg set up at home with 3 taps. The beers got good after about 1 year but i've taught people now who can basically brew good beers now straight off the mark. Very rewarding hobby and it does save a bunch of money if you do drink a lot of beer :D

You're in Bris, yeh? All grain brewer over here. *waves*

Hey man!

Yep in Bris. You too? You heading down to Autechre in a few weeks?

Hey man!

Yep in Bris. You too? You heading down to Autechre in a few weeks?

I am indeed. On a shoe-string budget!

Capture_d_cran_2018_06_17_19_51_03.png

Northern Monk Sharknado 5 : sea salt and blood orange IPA, pretty nice.

Capture_d_cran_2018_06_17_19_51_39.png

Northern Monk eternal session IPA : fantastic, great session IPA, love it.

Edited by D4M0

from what i remember (which isnt a lot) IPA's kinda overdosed your tongue after a few rounds cos of the hops, plus they can be a bit heavy if you've got a pub crawl session lined up

a world away from the old, flat, room temperature ales/goldens/porters/bitters you'd get in British & Irish pubs just as the campaign for real ales got a head of steam up, now i read bitters are being marketed as "British Ales" in the US/Europe

my old man's favourite brewery had all sorts, highly recommended:

https://www.tinyrebel.co.uk/beers/

Was in a Fuller's pub earlier, had a bottle of Golden Pride at 8.5% which puts it in the category of a good Belgian triple beer. Well, took me ages to drink as it was so strong. I asked the landlord if he ever got it on tap, he said that he did but only once, and it gave his customers brain damage. Too strong for midweek pints. Strong flavour and reminded me of a nut brown. 

• 2 weeks later...

My local waitrose has regular stocks of Beavertown Neck Oil, Gamma Ray and Lupuloid. Gamma Ray and Lupuloid are just fantastic beers (so I've just ordered a case of each direct from the brewery! Oof Oof Oof) 

Though Beavertown was on the news a few days ago, the report being Heineken has bought a minority stake in the brewery. Obviously certain Beer Boffins aren't happy with that! Naughty naughty. Though music boffins might like to note that Beavertown was created by Led Zeppelins Robert Plant son.

I'm a big fan of the Fuller's brewery. Right now i'm drinking the Indian Pale Ale for the first time. The best IPA I ever had.

Guess which market is biggest for Fullers outside the UK? ............USA but closely followed by Russia. 

what’s the stateside and international reading on New England brewing co?

fuzzy baby ducks is v high on beeradvocate as is Gandhi bot. Good brewery and by far the best in New England apart from the alchemist but getting that shit is fucking annoying

Just had a Ballast Point Victory at Sea stout that had been aging in my basement for about 4 years. I think the time actually made it much better because I remember it being meh and too sharp when I first had it. Mellowed our over time, got some extra flavors.

I’ve been drinking tons of Jack’s Abby, a local place from MA. But I bought a six pack of Modelo recently and chugged it.

Any of you UK Beer Dudes know of Arbor ales?

I've had a few of their beers and they are stunning, along with Wiper & True (also from West Country) they produce super beer.

Bought tickets to the Beavertown beer extravaganza in September, looks like half the breweries have pulled out of it though, protest against Heineken buying a stake in them? Seems kinda lame, as long as they keep making tasty beer I don't care who owns them.

IMG_0633.jpg

Even sharks need water from Verdant brewing, nice hazy IPA from cornwall.

that looks disgusting lol how was it?

Bought tickets to the Beavertown beer extravaganza in September, looks like half the breweries have pulled out of it though, protest against Heineken buying a stake in them? Seems kinda lame, as long as they keep making tasty beer I don't care who owns them.

Well yes indeed. Not sure where I stand on it really (I got more important things to worry about tbh).

It seems like Craft Ale is like 90's alternative rock. Don't sell out to a major label!!! Though in the end everyone goes buy the album from David Geffen or whoever it maybe lol.

Sometimes a bit of extra cash up front is needed to achieve those artistic dreams.

Edited by beerwolf