IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

• 2 weeks later...

This one is very good.  I had to rate this 4.5/5.  Super juicy, creamy, and pillowy-- exactly what i'm looking for in a Hazy / NEIPA.

Wish i could get more, all I have is a four pack.  Will just have to have one per weekend to make it last a month.

\579450400_107914942_10108134988135570_8749387228643744902_o(1).thumb.jpg.1d843a88b6485ffab5eae29b0cedb27c.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 9:28 AM, BCM said:

your glass looks like a dog's dick wearing multiple cock rings.

Judging by the level of your humor you will love to hear the name of the brewery i just visited today "Crooked Pecker".

109266044_10108150588946420_8740317689734399130_o.thumb.jpg.102986c18130a89e1d7fcf39bd152f0b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mister Wabbly from Barleycorn recommended this....

Just pulled the trigger on this bad boy

The fucking thirsty Wolf and the savage Badger is happy

Slips down the neck like sweet treacle but blows your brain into smithereens like a UXO bomb!

50400C01-2E11-4C09-AD11-EB5F692812DA.thumb.jpeg.c18ff73ec6ab2ae85a1452fee861146b.jpeg

• Like 1

It weighs in at 9% and I’m gonna buy more for Saturday night, and fire up the Post Something Random thread, and eat salt and pepper squid until The Kraken appears out of my fiery arsehole the following morning!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Slips down the neck like sweet treacle but blows your brain into smithereens like a UXO bomb!

50400C01-2E11-4C09-AD11-EB5F692812DA.thumb.jpeg.c18ff73ec6ab2ae85a1452fee861146b.jpeg

Damn, looks good.

It's really interesting, in the past year I've found that I've really started to dislike stouts and like IPAs, whereas I used to hate IPAs and like stouts in the past.

Weather is cooling off here, and I'm looking forward to drinking some more of my cold weather favorites, e.g., Belgian strong dark ales.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Damn a collab between two of the best breweries. Do most ppl know the owner and brewmaster for evil twin is Mikkeller’s twin brother? ?‍♂️

Man I wish I had money I can only afford swill lately lol

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

Wow it’s 5.15am, feel a bit fuzzy but okay, had a few different Northern Monk pale ales as well yesterday which were just fine. Seems as though my Tesco has invested in some new craft ales, they also had quite a few Magic Rock bits and bobs. 
I’m not massive into Craft Ale, as Stephen says it’s rather pricey (2 cans of beer is sometimes equal to a decent bottle of wine!) and sometimes all I need is a bog standard pilsner and I’m happy.

However that stout was very, very tasty ?  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Beerwolf: How does that nitro work? Just a gimmick? I see more and more are using it. Does it give more fizz? I've tried nitro ice coffee, and I couldn't tell the difference.

Silent Member: Load's of imp coffee stouts on your local Storsenter pol. 

21 minutes ago, scumtron said:

Beerwolf: How does that nitro work? Just a gimmick? I see more and more are using it. Does it give more fizz? I've tried nitro ice coffee, and I couldn't tell the difference.

Silent Member: Load's of imp coffee stouts on your local Storsenter pol. 

Hello my friend. I couldn’t tell any difference either tbh. Once you’ve had 3 of them at 9% you won’t care either ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

this indian beer is sitting in my fridge for nealry a half year now

f7b5cbe76cf51ee0aec33e42b2ad9668.jpg

anyone drank it yet? looks like i might puke that one out

Drank loads of kingfisher, it’s popular in Indian restaurants. My humble opinion is it’s much, much better on draught, the bottles are iffy and generally to be avoided. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i just opened it and had a few sips, it's not bad at all! doesn't have a lot af flavor, maybe it's because its very cool from the fridge, thank fuck

not bad india, not bad, cheers

• Like 1

Yeah it’s alright. In fact I’m gonna get a couple on the way home just to chuck down my neck when I finish work! Been a while since I drank it. Got some of that friendly monk wheat beer chilling in the fridge at work.Where others have soup and milk for tea I have bottles of booze flol ??

1A33C364-86C6-480A-B0A7-3C8CF208778D.jpeg

• Like 2

Hey Mister Ooze I been on a mission for Kingfisher but I cycled home past 3 Indian corner shops/off licenses and zero Kingfisher! Which is peculiar. One excellent Sikh dude said they don’t see it much anymore. Hmmm ? 

So seeing as I was on a mission for Indian beer I found some Cobra ✊

Though I think Cobra is about as Indian as Lancashire hotpot ?

Not a bad beer, half decent. Probably got a 5/100 on beersnowflake.com though 

6CED0907-B110-4A5B-A537-0248352AD85D.jpeg

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

Corona has really fucked up my beer snobbery, I just grab whatever crap is available at the  local grocery store and praise the gods I'm still alive.

?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got Greek food tonight, had a delicious moussaka and it went excellent with my young Orval.

This Orval is pretty much perfect, the funk is still subtle and the hops are still shining.  Now to finish it off with some baklava.

IMG_20201120_182718.jpg

I just moved into a new place and the supermarket beer selection is 'quite good.'

gulden_draak_9000quad25oz__02959.1377797

Looking forward to cracking this on Thursday.

• Like 1