IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

ommegang takes giant turds on most beers

316cb32e5c82ac428f903589aa4be179_320x320.jpg

I love Ommegang, but I can't find any of their newer/smaller-batch brews out in LA (although I'm thankful for the Saison and Dubbel and Three Philosophers I can get).

I enjoyed this beer earlier this week. Interesting take with using the yeast they chose on this one.

Im not a huge fan of most Ommegang, but Three Philosophers is definitely ftw.

Ive probably mentioned this plenty before, but its probably my all-time favorite heavy beer:

STB0010103-384x498.jpg

Just imagine every single dark, rich fruit under the sun ripened and thrown into a bottle of strong, strong ale. Warms the stomach and pleases the tongue. You'll want to drink this guy room-temperature IMHO for best results..maybe slightly/briefly chilled.

Edited by Smettingham Rutherford IV

also, another heavy IPA, recommended for the winter,

Troegs Brewery-Flying Mouflin Ale.

Imagine a super hoppy IPA with sweet chocolate...mmm goddamn i want some now.

I'm drinking wine........hah. Savingion Blanc from NZ.

Always love the effect wine has on me, turns me into a 12 year old. I have beer ready and waiting for afterwards. A selection of Adnams ales. So I will be fast asleep and snoozing away the afternoon in the not so distant future. Happy days!!

Had some of this yesterday:

shipyard-smashed-pumpkin.jpg?w=510

Shipyard Brewing Co. Smashed Pumpkin

I was a little skeptical of a pumpkin beer at first, as I'd never had one, but I sampled some on the job last night and then bought some. It was pretty delicious, there's a slight hint of nutmeg and other spices in with the pumpkin that make it taste like pumpkin pie in a beer form. Also, for a 9% beer it doesn't feel heavy at all and drinks suprisingly light. Definitely a good fall beer.

Edited by ghOsty

Had a pint of Young's 'Waggledance' honey beer with WATMM's own SPD2 last night, as well as a half of the locally-brewed strawberry beer from Meantime. Tasty, fruity beers - and great company too.

Guest uptown devil

Ive probably mentioned this plenty before, but its probably my all-time favorite heavy beer:

STB0010103-384x498.jpg

Just imagine every single dark, rich fruit under the sun ripened and thrown into a bottle of strong, strong ale. Warms the stomach and pleases the tongue. You'll want to drink this guy room-temperature IMHO for best results..maybe slightly/briefly chilled.

the 12 is great. i think i might like the 8 a little better though. i saw their 'tokyo' in the store the other day and almost decided to shell out the $16 to try it.. but i got this instead:

Z8fva.jpg

and it is damn delicious. 11% too. probably my favorite quad to date.

Im not a huge fan of most Ommegang, but Three Philosophers is definitely ftw.

STB0010103-384x498.jpg

three philosophers is great, but that abbey 12 is another level. probably in my top 10.

edit - OMG cannot wait for rochefort. i would have ordered some westvleteren but that shit is just aliitle too expensive...

Edited by theSun

I've never been able to find Westvleteren in the States.

I'd love to compare it to the Rochefort 10 and the Abt 12. Because both are fucking amazing. I can't imagine the Westvleteren really being much better.

STB0010103-384x498.jpg

the 12 is great. i think i might like the 8 a little better though. i saw their 'tokyo' in the store the other day and almost decided to shell out the $16 to try it.. but i got this instead:

Z8fva.jpg

and it is damn delicious. 11% too. probably my favorite quad to date.

I remember having that in Bruges, don't remember much else! A must-go for beer fans.

anyone tried this? Oatmeal Stout

going to tonight

ppOCH.jpg

Had some of that on tap in Portland, ME1 earlier this month. Was pretty nice. A little on the watery mouthfeel side (for an oatmeal stout), but definitely good.

1At this place: http://novareresbiercafe.com/. If anyone's every in Portland, ME, get thee to Novare Res. It's wonderful.

Edited by baph

Sunday evenings in autumn and winter a few hours before bedtime I drink a couple of bottles of Guiness Foreign Extra Stout, which weighs in about 7.5% They aren't big bottles so I don't piss all night.

It's a nice tasty night cap and a ritual I look forward too.

Edited by beerwolf

Yep, 12. It's barleywine!

Glad to hear you like, ghosty. I'm trying to track down the "belgo" OG variant right now to compare.

Shop I work at has that, I may have to try one of those next...