IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I was more into Jazz Jackrabbit back in the day, which was basically a DOS clone. Although you did get a gun pewpew, which I don't think Sonic ever had

Edited by Ovitus

Just watched Blades of the Immortal.. waiting patiently for Sekiro (#$!^!% ps4 Bloodborne exclusivity) and hopefully Samurai Spirits in 2019.

Great movie. I was glad that it turned out to be a faithful adaptation of the manga and much better than the anime.

Morphite.

I'm not sure if I like it or not yet. I've only played for about 2 hours. It's like a casual Metroid Prime... Mixed with... Resource gathering for upgrades.

Oo

I've heard a lot of people say it's like No Mans Sky, but I don't really get that vibe.

<shrug>

I thought the same but I hesitated on the black friday deal so now I'm just being stubborn and cheap. Sekiro is right around the corner though. If they decide to remaster Demon Souls I'll reconsider

Morphite.

I'm not sure if I like it or not yet. I've only played for about 2 hours. It's like a casual Metroid Prime... Mixed with... Resource gathering for upgrades.

Oo

I've heard a lot of people say it's like No Mans Sky, but I don't really get that vibe.

<shrug>

O shit, you play it too? I started it in September on android but I'm only just now getting to the final mission. Actually works quite well on mobile.

I still think it bears a lot of similarities to No Man's Sky, and some might even argue that it's essentially No Man's Sky Lite. But the vibe is different, and adopts Metroid-style elements like you said. And it has its own narrative, so it's distinct enough to be its own title.

Hyped for 2019's lineup of games:

Ion Maiden (full)
Metro Exodus
Far Cry: New Dawn
Rage 2
Atomic Heart
The Outer Worlds
Cyberpunk 2077 (possibly)

And there are probably one or two I forgot, but am stoked regardless. Bye bye social life lol

Episode 3 of DUSK is SO GOOD. Excellent game.

I knew you'd enjoy it. De facto GOTY 2018.

Does the level design get more interesting as it goes on? Picked it up a couple of weeks ago and am on E1M7 and at the moment it all seems a little empty and soulless - Like if it were an early beta of a Red Neck Rampage sequel using the Quake engine.

And obviously my dig isn't about the graphics itself - I enjoy the aesthetic (though am curious as to, despite the lo-fi texture & model resolution, how the game is over 3gb ...) just the actual design of enemies and levels are a bit ... I guess a comparison would be as Freedoom is to the commercial ID maps this is to Quake. So far that is, as per my first query - Does the map builds improve through the episodes ?

Episode 3 of DUSK is SO GOOD. Excellent game.

I knew you'd enjoy it. De facto GOTY 2018.

Does the level design get more interesting as it goes on? Picked it up a couple of weeks ago and am on E1M7 and at the moment it all seems a little empty and soulless - Like if it were an early beta of a Red Neck Rampage sequel using the Quake engine.

And obviously my dig isn't about the graphics itself - I enjoy the aesthetic, just the actual design of enemies and levels are bit ... I guess a comparison would be as Freedoom is to the commercial ID maps this is to Quake. So far that is, as per my first query - Does the map builds improve through the episodes ?

It definitely gets really good. Genuinely loved playing this game

Dead Cells is on sale and I really would like to play it.  But I don't know if I want to put myself through another roguelike torture.  It looks very fun tho.  

I have been mainly playing path of exile since the Betrayal season started 2 weeks ago.  I've picked it up here and there over the years, but this time around it clicked and I am loving it.  Enough so that I'm considering dropping $60 on a core supporter package, mainly so I can get all the stash/currency/trade tabs.

Ah cool, definitely gonna stick at it. Probably overhyped it in my mind as I'd heard such good things about it and have a love of 90s fpss's'sses.

Dusk definitely gets weirder and more intense after Episode 1. It builds up beautifully.

I read somewhere that the main developer David Szymanski also had S.T.A.L.K.E.R. influence in the making of Dusk, and in fact was originally going to have it set in Ukraine.

Dusk is great.

Looking forward to DOOM Eternal.

Aye, Doom Eternal. That's one I forgot.

Edited by ambermonk

Morphite.

Oo

<shrug>

O shit, you play it too? I started it in September on android but I'm only just now getting to the final mission. Actually works quite well on mobile.

I still think it bears a lot of similarities to No Man's Sky, and some might even argue that it's essentially No Man's Sky Lite. But the vibe is different, and adopts Metroid-style elements like you said. And it has its own narrative, so it's distinct enough to be its own title.

Ha, yeah I got it during their holiday sale.

=P

And I do see the similarities with NMS, but the vibe... Atmosphere... It's just... Completely separate from NMS in my mind.

<shrug>

2019:

Shakedown Hawaii

Metroid Prime 4

Bayonetta 3

Mario Golf Switch (please)

GBA re-releases (pretty please)

Ha, I just got a GBA for Xmas.

=D

I've only got 6 games for it ATM, but I can't wait to rebuild my collection. I think the GBA is my favorite gaming console/device. The library of games it has (especially considering it plays GB/GBC games too) is crazy good.

2019:

Shakedown Hawaii

Metroid Prime 4

Bayonetta 3

=D

I've only got 6 games for it ATM, but I can't wait to rebuild my collection. I think the GBA is my favorite gaming console/device. The library of games it has (especially considering it plays GB/GBC games too) is crazy good.

You must have got the gameboy sp right?

Gotta grab tetris for that and super mario world

Katamari Damacy! been wanting to get into it for yeeeears - i'd only briefly played it before, the Japanese version which i couldn't read.. god it's a joy  :wub:

also, SpinTires: MudRunner. strangely engrossing! wasn't sure if i'd get into it but the amazingly detailed Getting Bogged physics are satisfying AF to play with.

2019:

Shakedown Hawaii

Metroid Prime 4

Bayonetta 3

=D

Oh, no, I got the OG GBA. The one with no backlight. I have to set up my iPod's flashlight so that it's over the screen (or sit right under a window when the sun is out) so that I can see it clearly (because all of the lights in my house are 30-40 watt bulbs).

=P

Reminds me of sitting against our sliding glass door when I was young and had an original GameBoy.

Hehe.

And yeah, Metroid II, Tetris and Super Mario Advance 2+4 were the first games I ordered for it.

I also got Donkey Kong Country and Namco Museum a few days later... And am now waiting for Tetris Worlds to arrive in the mail.

=D

I have a list of about 30 games I want to get again.

Christmas/Birthday/Father's Day presents for the next 10 years...

Edited by Hk47

2019:

Shakedown Hawaii

Metroid Prime 4

Bayonetta 3

=D

Oh, no, I got the OG GBA. The one with no backlight. I have to set up my iPod's flashlight so that it's over the screen (or sit right under a window when the sun is out) so that I can see it clearly (because all of the lights in my house are 30-40 watt bulbs).

=P

Reminds me of sitting against our sliding glass door when I was young and had an original GameBoy.

Hehe.

And yeah, Metroid II, Tetris and Super Mario Advance 2+4 were the first games I ordered for it.

=D

Awesome! Have fun

2019:

Shakedown Hawaii

Metroid Prime 4

Bayonetta 3

=D

=P

Hehe.

=D

Awesome! Have fun

Thanks!!

Aaaand... I AAAAAMMMMM!!!

=D

I can't contain my huge fucking grins when talking about it...