IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Yep. It's a crowdfunded (Kickstarter) project. Can't remember when I first heard about it though, must've been last summer.

Nightdive are already known for remastering '90s shooters, but what they're doing with SShock 1 takes it to a new level.

Some sites saying an acidic element has been added to Switch game carts to make them taste terrible, and thus get any young kid who accidentally tries to eat one to immediately spit it out. Genius!

Nioh is a great game, tons of adrenaline moments trying to get back your loot and make it to the next save, the gameplay is top notch and iv been playing for hours and i'm nowhere yet!!

it's hard, that first real boss with the balls was HARD,! i love the game so far... hoooked!

I loved it until I got to about the third region or so, at which point it just feels like a slog... no new enemy types, just different combinations or level layouts. It's a solid action RPG though for sure. The combat is really deep, but I've found a few foolproof combos that take the fun out of a lot of it.

Yeah, 100% agree on good remakes - I'd love to see some Mega Drive games be given this kind of treatment!

As for Zelda - keep in mind the Wii U version is technically inferior to the Switch version (720p vs 900p), so unless that matters to you, you may want to wait and get the Switch version for the best experience.

If the Wii U version of Zelda goes on sale before the end of the year (by then we should have a good idea of the Switch's success/failure), I might pick it up just so I can play it sooner. Dunno, hard call.

Well, at the moment The Switch doesn't seem worth it. 720p vs 900p is negligible since to me it's an extra couple hundred for the upgrade.The Switch will likely seem like a better buy a year down the road, and by then Zelda won't be a new game anymore. Then I can get Blaster Master Zero. For whatever reason for 99.9% of games I never have an urge to get it when it comes out. Just to play it eventually.

I say just get the Wii U version since you're not planning on getting the Switch for a while or even at all. When you look back on how good a game is, you don't think about how good it looked (maybe the aesthetics), so much as how fun the gameplay was. Same thing with movies, how often do you look back and think "Man seeing that movie in 3D was great!" over "The plot was amazing!". Do you even remember if you've seen some movies in 3D? At least that's my experience. I remember the characters and the plot over if I saw a movie in 3D or not.

Of  course there are some movies that must be seen in 3D... maybe not the best analogy.

Yeahhh that's just my thought process anyhow.

Good points - and, after reading some BotW reviews, I'm inclined to go pick it up... for Wii U. I'll wait until I finish Horizon: Zero Dawn though.

Hopefully Blaster Master Zero's exclusivity is limited, and will come out on other platforms later this year after it comes out on Switch.

new Formula Fusion footage with polygon

https://www.facebook.com/polygon/videos/1472596892752934/

17098539_1380633225292535_80281472351595

i'm really hoping this game does it for me in the end. it gets a bit better w/every steam update but it still feels like a far cry from the wipeout games in terms of feel. the optimization has a long way to go too as every update flip flops between greatly improving performance or things grinding to a halt on my pc. 

seems like they invested too much upgrade/rpg mechanics (which i think have been scrapped for something more akin to a cod loadout style) instead of just having rock solid tracks/racing/weapons.

fingers crossed for a rad final product though. i still wanna try my hand at redout but i'm waiting on a decent sale. the fast racing thing for wii had such awful rubber banding and so many pitfalls i only ever beat, like, the first cup on novice. seemed like if you hit one wall you couldn't place and if you fell off the track (happens often) you definitely weren't going to place...

lol: http://www.clickhole.com/video/zelda-breath-wild-masterpiece-proves-japan-advance-5696

"‘Zelda: Breath Of The Wild’ Is A Masterpiece That Proves Japan Is Advanced Enough To Pull Off Another Pearl Harbor"

i didn't even watch 'cause i'm at work but the headline alone...

internet journalism is legitimately the worst thing ever. 

OH YEAH! Uh... Diakatana is the worst thing ever.

Good points - and, after reading some BotW reviews, I'm inclined to go pick it up... for Wii U. I'll wait until I finish Horizon: Zero Dawn though.

Hopefully Blaster Master Zero's exclusivity is limited, and will come out on other platforms later this year after it comes out on Switch.

About the reviews... when will we get a zelda game that's just a 9/10? I am getting major Shadow of the Colossus vibes from it.

i didn't even watch 'cause i'm at work but the headline alone...

That title is 'wat' defined

Edited by Brisbot

new Formula Fusion footage with polygon

https://www.facebook.com/polygon/videos/1472596892752934/

17098539_1380633225292535_80281472351595

i'm really hoping this game does it for me in the end. it gets a bit better w/every steam update but it still feels like a far cry from the wipeout games in terms of feel. the optimization has a long way to go too as every update flip flops between greatly improving performance or things grinding to a halt on my pc. 

seems like they invested too much upgrade/rpg mechanics (which i think have been scrapped for something more akin to a cod loadout style) instead of just having rock solid tracks/racing/weapons.

fingers crossed for a rad final product though. i still wanna try my hand at redout but i'm waiting on a decent sale. the fast racing thing for wii had such awful rubber banding and so many pitfalls i only ever beat, like, the first cup on novice. seemed like if you hit one wall you couldn't place and if you fell off the track (happens often) you definitely weren't going to place...

It looks stunning; I can't imagine this in 4K/60 fps

I think I'm sold on I Am Setsuna; ATB based on Chrono Trigger (which I adore), winter setting with beautiful snowfall effects, great battle animations, 20 hour length (perfect for me), a launch day JRPG, and you get My Nintendo Rewards points for the download (physical Switch games also net you points, but not as much).

on the flipside, friend codes are still a thing. groan.

Playing horizon zero dawn. Strangely underwhelmed even though it seems like I shouldn't be.

The witcher 3 comparisons got my hopes up (I can see which bits they've appropriated but the quest design so far is stock standard and I'm not convinced about the writing)

Edited by Sally Vingoe

Purchased The Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne yesterday.  Was already past Vicar Amelia on NG+ so I just had to pick up loot in the dream, and head to Cathedral Ward to be taken to my new nightmare.  This is more challenging than where I was currently in the game.  So many hunters, but loving the new weapons and gear I've found so far.  I know I'm near a boss room because there's a bell to ring for help, near the lamp.  Found the whirlygig saw and now I'm lost.  Need to smoke and relax a bit, but I'm really enjoying the dlc.

For anyone who bought or is considering buying a Switch, you should not use skins on the controllers, as they have been found to strip the surface off of them:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/third-party_nintendo_switch_vinyl_skin_producer_warns_of_damage_to_system

Purchased The Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne yesterday. Was already past Vicar Amelia on NG+ so I just had to pick up loot in the dream, and head to Cathedral Ward to be taken to my new nightmare. This is more challenging than where I was currently in the game. So many hunters, but loving the new weapons and gear I've found so far. I know I'm near a boss room because there's a bell to ring for help, near the lamp. Found the whirlygig saw and now I'm lost. Need to smoke and relax a bit, but I'm really enjoying the dlc.

That DLC is badass and I found it very challenging. Really fun though, right through the bitchass final boss. Loved the pain it caused me.

Finally got started on the Witcher 3 expansions, pretty good, but holy cow I'm so tired of hearing those same tunes over and over. I guess I played the vanilla game for too long.

Finally got started on the Witcher 3 expansions, pretty good, but holy cow I'm so tired of hearing those same tunes over and over. I guess I played the vanilla game for too long.

Blood and Wine has new music. Pretty different too iirc.

Anyone bought a switch here? My brother got one but is experiencing wifi problems, he has to literally stand next to the router to get full signal, a few meters to the left and the signal is gone, wtf nintendo. 

Anyone bought a switch here? My brother got one but is experiencing wifi problems, he has to literally stand next to the router to get full signal, a few meters to the left and the signal is gone, wtf nintendo.

flol

We finally got around to buying a Wii U instead when they said Zelda would come out for both

forgot i had ordered zelda switch separately when i cancelled my switch preorder. so i'm sitting here with a copy of the collector's edition of botw and no switch. finishing twilight princess hd on wii u...

Apparently the switch controllers are prone to lose their connection to the console, fortunately there are many ways to fix this.

What to Do:

Try these steps:

Ensure your console has the latest system update.

Ensure the Joy-Con controllers are charged.

Try to decrease the distance between the Joy-Con and the Nintendo Switch console.

Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console is placed to minimize interference with the Joy-Con. It is best if the Nintendo Switch console is placed out in the open and that it is not:

Behind a TV

Near an aquarium

Placed in or under a metal object

Pressed against a large amount of wires and cords

Within three to four feet of another wireless device, such as a wireless speaker or a wireless access point.

Check for possible sources of interference and turn them off. Interference can be caused by devices, such as:

Laptops, tablets, etc.

Wireless headsets

Wireless printers

Microwaves

Wireless speakers

Cordless phones

USB 3.0-compatible devices such as hard drives, thumb drives, LAN adapters, etc.

In most cases it will be enough to move these devices three to four feet away from the Nintendo Switch console and/or Joy-Con controllers. However, if you continue to experience this issue, please power these devices off while using the Nintendo Switch console.

Brilliant!

forgot i had ordered zelda switch separately when i cancelled my switch preorder. so i'm sitting here with a copy of the collector's edition of botw and no switch. finishing twilight princess hd on wii u...

lol

Apparently the switch controllers are prone to lose their connection to the console, fortunately there are many ways to fix this.

What to Do:

Try these steps:

Ensure your console has the latest system update.

Ensure the Joy-Con controllers are charged.

Try to decrease the distance between the Joy-Con and the Nintendo Switch console.

Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console is placed to minimize interference with the Joy-Con. It is best if the Nintendo Switch console is placed out in the open and that it is not:

Behind a TV

Near an aquarium

Placed in or under a metal object

Pressed against a large amount of wires and cords

Within three to four feet of another wireless device, such as a wireless speaker or a wireless access point.

Check for possible sources of interference and turn them off. Interference can be caused by devices, such as:

Laptops, tablets, etc.

Wireless headsets

Wireless printers

Microwaves

Wireless speakers

Cordless phones

USB 3.0-compatible devices such as hard drives, thumb drives, LAN adapters, etc.

In most cases it will be enough to move these devices three to four feet away from the Nintendo Switch console and/or Joy-Con controllers. However, if you continue to experience this issue, please power these devices off while using the Nintendo Switch console.

Brilliant!

brb buying an isolation booth